IGNORED

New Gun Thread....

Condor

Gosh it's been so long since anyone's posted a gun related thread....?? So here goes. Last month in Jan I didn't find a thing to stuff in the safe, imagine that.. :-) So I made up for it in Feburary. I picked up a 'brace' of Cimerron 1851 Colt London copies bade by Uberti in Italy. They were brand new in the box and what made them interesting was the lack of all the garbage that they think is needed on the sides of the barrels. MADE IN ITALY on one side and BLACK POWDER ONLY on the other. I do own a few.. OK more than a few.. but never liked it. Heck if you're going to make a copy..make it look like the original... So the two I picked up last week were close copies along with colt patent #'s and Colt London on the top of the hexagon BBL's. No Italian proof marks, but english proofs. And although they were unfired in the box and they were distressed from the factory. I'm not sure if Cimerron did this or Uberti?? but I like it... They look like the real thing...

Anyway here's a couple of pics...

386-2 (Medium).jpg

386-1 (Medium).jpg

414-2.jpg

Edited by Condor

Jack that looks like the one I have except mine has a brass trigger guard.

Yep, they blued the trigger guards and the grip frame on the original 1851 Navy London's which were actually made in England, not in the U.S. One of the other maybe?? differences in the guard was the shape. I've seen originals made both ways. And.. depending on condition.. they ranged in value from $1,000 to $12,000. Thank you Sn.Uberti in Italy..

I've had a .36 Navy for a long time w/ brass frame. Its fun for an hour or so of plinking. Its probably my most used BP gun.

I remember working in a Sporting Goods store in my late teens and getting a couple of either Navy Arms or Hawes BP copies, and I always preferred the 'feel and balance' of the 36 cal 1851 Navy over the 44 cal 1860 Army... The Navy was considered the best handling of all the Colts and why they were so popular. Besides being cheaper to shoot... :-) :whistling: