IGNORED

IoT for Motorcycles: interesting read

bpate4home

Here is a brief read on IoT for Motorcycles. https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-a-connected-motorcycle-could-save-thousands-of-lives/

Sensors along the line of what's in a car such as lane breach detectors. Interesting in concept but I think most riders would reject the idea flat out as a distraction while riding. Is it a bit much? What are your thoughts.

NO, a thousand times NO. One reason I ride a motorcycle is to get away from things like the internet. I choose not to wear a slave collar even if it shows I am socially responsible.

I agree, for the most part. I agree in that I don't want a big brother scenario of any kind but the thought of sensors showing surrounding vehicles is intriguing. A light showing someone crossing into our lane like a car obstacle light. Now add some fun to that with a series of small paintball mounted guns to mark the car as a threat to bikes. Houston highways are notorious for tailgaters and those that will cut you off with no warning, I would love to mark these vehicles.:rolleyes:

NO, a thousand times NO. One reason I ride a motorcycle is to get away from things like the internet. I choose not to wear a slave collar even if it shows I am socially responsible.
Not for me I find technology is getting increasingly intrusive and getting really tired of being pulled away from just being a simple human being. I fear for future generations feeling that the human race will become nothing more than some form of collective or society of cyborgs being led around like sheep by a few individuals who feel they have the right to force their idea of the perfect society upon the rest of the human race. I would rather be less than perfect but free with all its accompanying risks than be the perfect living manikin.

Not for me I find technology is getting increasingly intrusive and getting really tired of being pulled away from just being a simple human being. I fear for future generations feeling that the human race will become nothing more than some form of collective or society of cyborgs being led around like sheep by a few individuals who feel they have the right to force their idea of the perfect society upon the rest of the human race. I would rather be less than perfect but free with all its accompanying risks than be the perfect living manikin.

I am in agreement!

In the second running video of that link focus attention to the potential risks mentioned 45sec in!

This is a warning of where some wish to take us.