IGNORED

100,000 mile review 2018 TC

Interesting guy, I spoke with him for about 30 minutes at the Long Beach show in November. He had his SVTC there and it pretty much looked like it does in the video. He said to me that some of the things that we complain about on the SVTC like the VOX and GPS mapping are know to Yamaha and fixable by Yamaha but the price to re-do software is not justified by the volume of sales for the bike at this time. Unlike the Goldwing and other bikes the SVTC is only sold in the US.

Interesting guy, I spoke with him for about 30 minutes at the Long Beach show in November. He had his SVTC there and it pretty much looked like it does in the video. He said to me that some of the things that we complain about on the SVTC like the VOX and GPS mapping are know to Yamaha and fixable by Yamaha but the price to re-do software is not justified by the volume of sales for the bike at this time. Unlike the Goldwing and other bikes the SVTC is only sold in the US.

I suppose it cost too much to upgrade the Gen 2 getting rid of the clutch whine and switching over to fuel injection and that is why you can buy a used 2nd Gen for less than half of what you would have to pay for a Goldwing of the same year. :doh:

I suppose it cost too much to upgrade the Gen 2 getting rid of the clutch whine and switching over to fuel injection and that is why you can buy a used 2nd Gen for less than half of what you would have to pay for a Goldwing of the same year. :doh:

You may have a discussion point there for then gen 2 forum.

The video is reassuring.

Edited by Patch

and Canada and I have seen riders post in Europe so I don't think your comment is correct.

I still think it was the cassette player causing the low resale value Sky,, never even really thought about it cause I always thought all that modern day expensive add on stuff was just added maintenance when it came to biking BUT,, thinking about it,,, didn't cassette decks go out of vogue in the 90's? Probably wrong,,, like I said,, when it came to biking,, if I wanted to hear music I just sang to myself... Of course,, I am also one of those old school knot heads that still think having a small television screen down on the handlebars of a motorcycle is simply not a good plan,, IMHO of course ....... :big-grin-emoticon:

I still think it was the cassette player causing the low resale value Sky,, never even really thought about it cause I always thought all that modern day expensive add on stuff was just added maintenance when it came to biking BUT,, thinking about it,,, didn't cassette decks go out of vogue in the 90's? Probably wrong,,, like I said,, when it came to biking,, if I wanted to hear music I just sang to myself... Of course,, I am also one of those old school knot heads that still think having a small television screen down on the handlebars of a motorcycle is simply not a good plan,, IMHO of course ....... :big-grin-emoticon:

C'mon now, how am I going to watch the Star Trek reruns without that screen. :rotf: