IGNORED

One heck of a gun.

tufftom4

I have the 4 inch barrel, wanted 6 inch but bought it slightly used at good price. It is really not that bad to shoot. It has good balance and a good grip. I enjoy it except when it comes time to buy ammo. Before I bought it I put 50 rounds through it.

I like the big ones. Maybe because my first handgun (after cap guns) was a Dan Wesson 357 magnum in 1972. I still like the 357 magnum so much that I often carry the S&W 340 PD Air Lite 2in loaded with Critical Defense. I also put 50 rounds through a S&W 340 before buying one. 50 rounds of full power 357 magnums in that light revolver, I knew I had been doing some serious shooting. For self defense how many shots will a person have a chance to take?

Of course i had to step up to the 44 magnum before the 500. What can I say, I like big bores, even in rifles. But 22s are fun and cheap.

My son in law bought, I think the 10 inch, 500. He likes his also. I don't care for the long barrel.

An engineering Lunch & Learn seminar I try to attend every year is at the local range, as the sales guy/instructor is also a semi-pro shooter.

He pulled a 500 out of his bag this past year, gave a few of us bigger guys a little info on shooting it and handed it off. I put 3 rounds through and told him I still had to go back and type up a report and this things gonna make my hand numb.

I did shoot my buddies Ruger 7" 44 Mag. & 6" 367 Mag. a bit the last time we went to the range, fun guns to toy with but I'd never really have a reason to own one.