IGNORED

In'n'Out and a Vanderhall

Condor

For those of us on the left coast, we know what an In'n'Out Burger joint is. So yesterday I met up with a buddy for lunch. I had the double-double 'Animal'...oink!!.. Anyway after BS'ing for about an hour we left and headed out. Immediately my eyes locked onto the coolest looking three wheeler I'd ever seen in the wild. I knew it was a Vanderhall 'cause it had a very large ..but tastefull..decal on the side. I'd heard of them and had visited their website once out of curiosity, but this one was the first I'd ever seen and could touch. WOW!! I was impressed. I've seen Slingshots on occasion and although they were 'cool' they didn't grab me by the juggler like this one did.... The owner gave me a quick run down of the features. Totally different concept then the Sling. Front wheel drive. 4cyl,FI,Turbo motor that hauled ass. Side by side seating and lots of leg room.. The owner of the company is around 6'6" so he understands. And it had that modern/retro look about it... I was smitten. Now at least there's a possibility of thinking about doing a little more riding... :backinmyday:

PS: I might ad that after looking at their website they make a Blackjack Model that comes in at $24,999.

When I was searching for my Ural sidecar I happened to visit a local Vanderhall dealer that had a used bike I wanted to look at. I did check them out and I dig the "classic British car" vibe these have vs the ultra-modern style of the Slingshots. There are a few Vanderhaulls roaming the streets of greater Chicago and I've seen 3 in the wild.

I have a very indecisive lawyer buddy who "wants" to be a gearhead, but doesn't know what end of a screwdriver to use. He's been getting mad at me shooting down all his ideas....

Cabin Cruiser on Lake Michigan - what do you do when you break down out on the water? lets keep it on land.

60's MG / Triumph - you wouldn't know what to do with Lucas electronics

He didn't like the Mazda Miata idea cause its to common. He throws out the idea of a Slingshot but that's not really his style so I turned him onto the Vanderhaull this winter. He wants me to go shopping with him come spring, its an idea we both finally agree on.

Another AWESOME thread you got going here @Condor! Got to yap with the owner/builders of the Vanderhall's at Sturgis, remarkable group.. Definitely a unique, well built piece straight out of Utah.. Never know what ya might get to play with at the rally!!

That was a great series of Videos Puc... One of things I thought about was wondering if they could build a touring model by adding a trailer hitch to that rear wheel assembly. Maybe give the motor a few more CC's. The tranny is a 6 speed so it's probably got enough low end gearing and 180hp. to pull a trailer with camping gear... Me... it would be stuffed with Motel 6 junk... :-) :whistling:

Great Videos. The fact that it's an automatic may get my wife back to riding. We'll need to go check it out. She had a Spyder SE for a while but had shoulder issues. You really need to put some shoulder into steering the Spyder and it was causing her pain. With that being front wheel drive I imagine it was as easy as a car to steer?