IGNORED

Corbin Fire & Ice

I cannot confirm but assume that it will retain the different levels. I replaced only the passenger backrest and there was nothing but the heading pad in the backrest itself. So I assume that the level controls are not built into the seats. You just hook the wires from the seats to the controllers on the bike. That should mean that the different levels will still work.

• 1 month later...
I cannot confirm but assume that it will retain the different levels. I replaced only the passenger backrest and there was nothing but the heading pad in the backrest itself. So I assume that the level controls are not built into the seats. You just hook the wires from the seats to the controllers on the bike. That should mean that the different levels will still work.

I know the Corbin seat has it's own controllers on the side of the seat

I've used the heat several times and the different levels does work. :happy34:

Update on Corbin, "Fire & Ice." There was a significant delay in getting it shipped. Corbin would not respond to my emails, so I finally called them.They offered me $150 to drop the cooling part, or I could wait another month to see if it would work.

I took the $$. Now I see Fire & Ice is gone from their website, no longer offering it, at least for now. No big deal, I've never had a cooling seat and thought it kind of a gimmick anyway.

I got the seat, but then found the dealer totally stripped out a screw on the passenger back rest when installing it. I had to order a screw extractor. Now that it's snowing......I have time to get it installed.

Don

I did receive the seat, heated, not cooled. No big deal for the lack of cooling. It's been dropped from Corbin's website. Install was pretty simple. You disconnect the seat heater harness and it's no longer used. The heat is either, on or off. The controls in the dash are now, "grayed out." I don't have enough miles yet to say it's better or worse than the stock seat. I had ridden 2 hours solid on the stock seat and had no complaints. What I needed was the backrest and I will say the Corbin is the best I've had. I'm 6'3" and the backrest makes the posture better and the ride much more comfortable. Was it worth $1500????? Well, the passenger seat was what was most important to me, but again the stock seat was pretty nice, according to my wife.

I do sit one to two inches further back and I like that as well. I'll know more in a couple thousand miles.

IMG_1805.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I did receive the seat, heated, not cooled. No big deal for the lack of cooling. It's been dropped from Corbin's website. Install was pretty simple. You disconnect the seat heater harness and it's no longer used. The heat is either, on or off. The controls in the dash are now, "grayed out." I don't have enough miles yet to say it's better or worse than the stock seat. I had ridden 2 hours solid on the stock seat and had no complaints. What I needed was the backrest and I will say the Corbin is the best I've had. I'm 6'3" and the backrest makes the posture better and the ride much more comfortable. Was it worth $1500????? Well, the passenger seat was what was most important to me, but again the stock seat was pretty nice, according to my wife.

I do sit one to two inches further back and I like that as well. I'll know more in a couple thousand miles.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118510

That seat sure looks comefy !! I ordered the raised back from Yamaha and will hopefully be installing this weekend , will see if the heated back works well . I had the Corbin on my last ride but the seat had been modified by previous rider and took some getting used too....

I was going to get the Corbin but wasn't a fan of not using the factory heater controls or those pointy passenger armrests. I think they take away from the design of the bike. As an update, my overhaul of the stock saddle works very well. I have been on several all day rides with it

Edited by Dhansonrrt

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118510

Sitting a few more inches back, do you feel the reach to the bars uncomfortably far? I'm the same height as you with a 35" inseam and would like all the legroom I can get but worry my upper back will start to ache if im hunched forward trying to reach the bars

Sitting a few more inches back, do you feel the reach to the bars uncomfortably far? I'm the same height as you with a 35" inseam and would like all the legroom I can get but worry my upper back will start to ache if im hunched forward trying to reach the bars

The backrest adjusts quite a lot forward & back. It feels great leaning into the rest I can reach perfectly. It sets my posture a bit, I'm a real slouch on a bike and this way I sit back.

Don