IGNORED

Alternator whine?

Probably not the alternator. Alternator is on the left side and is carried by the crankshaft and doesn't have its own bearings to whine.

Check all the fasteners on the front of the engine, particularly those to the exhaust manifold.

It could also be a stuck starter clutch. The starter will scream like mad if it spins at engine speed. I don't really know how to describe it, just know it when I hear it.

How long have you had the bike? These bikes are notorious for the clutch basket whine. The gear teeth on the clutch basket are not precisely cut enough to keep them from making noise. Almost all of the RSVs have the annoying clutch whine/chirp. It's not a problem, just annoying.

So are you saying I can let my 07 set out in the sun to make it faster? I got it from Yammer Dan that faded blue is best.

Maybe? Thinking perhaps; if you wax it with a Teflon based friction reducing compound several times to achieve a greater than 2 micron buildup and; after a year in the sun, just maybe you might be able to get close enough to come within sight of one? On a clear day, at altitude, going down hill, on a straight flat, after eating a bag of carrots the night before?

Honestly tho I didn't know they came in sexy blue;)

And; I knew there was a new member opening with Shalom but I couldn't remember who so, Shalom brother!

"under the shy, under the heaven, there is but one family" B. Lee 1971

So welcome to the Crazy Hotel California ;) Dutchrans