IGNORED

Today hasn't been any fun

BlueSky

My swollen, infected, stones filled, bile duct plugged Gall Bladder was removed today. Seemed to go ok and now I have to recover from 4 holes in the abdomen. As well as adjust to a low fat diet, for a while at least. Falling apart in my old age!

Just before the surgery, I asked the Dr. how long would it be before I could do a situp. His response was, "Can you do a situp now?". that Turkey! I said, Yeah, I can do 30, in a row! I should have asked him how many he could do but I wasn't that quick.

Edited by BlueSky

My wife went through that a couple of weeks ago. She had a couple days of bad discomfort, then a week of minor discomfort, but now she's feeling much better, the acid reflux issues she's had have largely diminished, and hasn't found any issues with her diet yet.

So far so good. Hang in there, and you may find you're better off without that pesky bugger.:thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been 2 weeks and 1 day since the gall bladder removal. I had pain from the 4 holes punched in my abdomen for about 3 days and generally didn't feel well for a few more days. I've never had any acid reflux issues. My stools were soft for a week or so and now look normal. I had no appetite for a couple of weeks and lost about 15 lbs. which is a good thing. Now, I'm feeling normal and probably better than normal due to the weight loss. My appetite is back but I'm still eating less. I'm not supposed to eat greasy/high fat foods for a while at least. I set a goal in mid October to lose 50 lbs and with the gall bladder help, I'm now down about 32 lbs total which has helped reduce my arthritis. Not supposed to lift anything heavy for a month and I'm anxious to get back on my exercise routine. It's okay to walk as much as I want so I'm walking farther and faster than before around the subdivision. Hard to wait a month before riding my bikes again! I'm counting the days!