IGNORED

SVTC Fork Brace?

Anyone come across one yet?

I just had a quick look at the forks schematics, don't see one. May I ask what correction are you looking to make?

A said brace is to prevent axle torque affect on the rotating mass (in simple terms) which is say steadying a gyro...

I just had a quick look at the forks schematics, don't see one. May I ask what correction are you looking to make?

A said brace is to prevent axle torque affect on the rotating mass (in simple terms) which is say steadying a gyro...

I know there isn't one on it stock looking for aftermarket.

I know there isn't one on it stock looking for aftermarket.

Oh I see ...

Of course for myself it would raise a red flag as that would or could severely effect the geometry to the front of the bike which of course would intern...

You know the saying "no good deed goes unpunished".

Let me give you something to think on: If your front wheel was spinning forward with some spreed (say bike is on a stand, no friction applied to the O.D.)

and you were to grip the lower tube in a twisting motion while holding the other tube in position - you would in fact be applying torque to one side of the axle. Torque is a lever over rotation so you would cause a lever @ the axle which would alter angle of rotational as the torque will be aplied to the axle as a lever force (times distance) ,,, causing the wheel to follow this new introduce torque to angle direction of rotation -verses the direction you assume you are pointing it too: weird eh!

If you surface mounted one say in a round clamping setup you would then need to assure and maintain position over an irregular surface/structure for the entire life or use of this modification! Or torque will lever the axle at some point;)

Another way to eliminate the need for fork brace is to design the stability into the fork via tolerances and lengths through travel of the piston.

Explore a bit more with you: when the bike is low mileage the tolerance should be a sure bet; over time the friction bushings will show some wear and you might experience a slight disagreement in the steering while banked over but fine when turning!? That would be to me an indication of wear in the fork lowers..

Something to think on anyways;)

I could post some physics video if you'd like to understand the dynamics in more detail.

Ride safe

Edited by Patch