IGNORED

How our 99 RSV Changed our Lives.

Yama Mama

Not to be sentimental or anything, but I thought I would say what our 99RSV and the Ventureriders have meant to my husband and my lives. We bought our 99RSV back in 2002. From that point on our lives changed for the better. We first of all were very excited about the possibility of traveling on our new to us bike. Up to this time we had had a 1990 Honda 500 CB, which we thought was a "big" bike. No it was not big and we sure could not travel on it. Our kids were all pretty much grown and now we could start to live our lives as a couple again. I think the first trip we went on was to the Smokey Mountains. Since then we have traveled a lot on our RSV 99 including to Sturgis in 2009.

In the mean time Ron found various motorcycle groups and some how he came upon Ventureriders. Joining this group has changed our lives for the better. We have made so many friends and have had so much fun just because we bought that beautiful RSV 99.

Thank you Don for forming this group it means a lot to us.

I just wanted to say that for whatever it is worth.

Yama Mama431670_3493915513371_1065424778_n.jpg

Gotta agree Mama. I rode some in my youth when I was 10' tall and bulletproof until I came to the conclusion I was riding way above my ability. Got off the bike for 20 years, started back on a Virago just for riding to work. My wife decided one day to hop on back for her first ever ride and decided she liked it. We aren't small people so I started looking for a tourer, that's when I found my 86, paid too much for it, and we started day rides around home. Googling problems on the bike kept bringing me to VR. After a few fixes I started feeling guilty about using the free knowledge here and sent Don my $12. I figured out my long legs and back issues wouldn't let me ride the distances on the 1st gen I read about so I searched out my 07 and went to MD 2018. Now we're hooked on the rides and VR get togethers. Without VR we probably would've stayed riding local and day trips, now we've been to Don's, Niagara Falls, Florida, and several shorter trips with a month long western tour planned as our retirement gift to us in two short years. I don't do social media or any other forums because of attitudes I see on them, the climate here fits me as I have zero patience for smart a$$ attitudes.

Hey Peggy, enjoyed this story about you and your first husband, as well as all the other stories and conversations you start. You have been a major reason this site has stayed active for as long as it has. Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of meeting you and Ron at a gathering knows just how special you are. You have always been so warm and welcoming to Kim and I and are always good for a laugh and a funny story. Guess I just wanted to let you know you are a big reason in why this family has stayed together for so long.

Look forward to seeing you both this summer.

Craig

Hey Peggy, enjoyed this story about you and your first husband, as well as all the other stories and conversations you start. You have been a major reason this site has stayed active for as long as it has. Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of meeting you and Ron at a gathering knows just how special you are. You have always been so warm and welcoming to Kim and I and are always good for a laugh and a funny story. Guess I just wanted to let you know you are a big reason in why this family has stayed together for so long.

Look forward to seeing you both this summer.

Dear Craig and Kim, That really touched my heart. You and Kim have always been special people in our family. I am so happy that Ron and I have gotten to know you. We have always had a lot of fun together and you both mean the world to us.

This was such a kind thing for you to say. I hope that we will get to be together this summer. This brings up the point I was trying to make with this post. This family of motorcyclists is so much more than people who like to ride. It is made up of really good friends who enjoy being together.

Bless you and Kim, and everyone here.

Yama Mama

I came on board last year and couldn't agree more about this group. Good people is what makes a group like this succeed. No If I could get my wife more comfortable on the back. . . . . .

There is no more "comfortable" place on a bike than the "couch" of an RSV!

Yama Mama:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: