IGNORED

Is there a Doctor in the house?

Freebird

Personally I'm not too worried about the results of your fall, those things happen and the following results are well described by previous posts and I agree with all those who said to go see a doctor. I bet you love those people as much as any of us do,,, but go!!!!

What does concern me, is how you got to fall in the first place and the feeling you had before that, the reason you went out for fresh air. Sounds to me like you might have a blockage or partial blockage of a vein in your neck area that made you feel that way. Happened something similar to my brother, and he made the decision, with his wife's input, to go see a Dr right away. Dr says he was smart, or things could have got a lot worse in a hurry. They fixed his blockage and he's back on his feet, he'll be 80 in a bit.

Yep.. Nerve damage. I'm just now getting over Trigeminal Nerve damage on the right side of my face from a dentist hitting the nerve during a root canal. One in a million shot.. At first the pain was the worst I'd ever felt. Went to my HMO and the prognosis was only time will heal it. That was 3 months ago and little by little it has subsided although just yesterday I had a strong attack. I experience the 'pain needles' during the attacks. To be on the safe side you should go have it checked out. You might had also suffered a concussion...

Okay Don I know you've heard the forum and I agree go see the Doc. But on another note you can blame the next bike on the hit you took on the head :biker:. Back when I was young I was good at skating and I did go a few times when my kids were young but at 61 years old nope I am not doing it. was at a storage auction about a month ago and some guy walked up and asked me if I was Woody and worriedly I said yes he said he use to go skating back when I did and recognized me. of course my wife as she all ways does asked for some dirt from my younger days and he told her he didn't know any dirt on me but was always envious of the way I could skate and do tricks. But like I said nope not anymore.

Thank you for all the replies. Also thank you for all the very good advice, which I ignored of course. I woke up the next morning feeling pretty normal except for a sore neck. I think that when I hit the wall, it forced my head way forward into my check and likely did pinch a nerve. A good nights sleep seemed to take care of most of the pain though except for a sore neck. It's still slightly sore but almost back to normal. I actually went skating again last night but only skated for a few minutes. Will give it a few more days before I really get into it again. Thanks again.

I was always told the last thing you want to do is lay down and take a nap after a head injury. But it may just be an old wife's tale? After reading about your symptoms I also think you should see a Dr.

But you sure as hell aint gonna listen to me!

Get that checked! Craig

.Okay you know I am a nurse. Dr. Craig is right. You could of had a concussion and damaged the vertebra in your neck and spine. Dr. Craig was right about the worst thing to do was lie down.

Please go have this checked out, I am glad you are doing better, but it was pretty scary what happened to you.

Please have your skates bronzed and place them by your fireplace for a nice decoration.

At least on the motorcycle you wear a helmet.

Yama Mama