IGNORED

Flashing Brake Light. Backoff XP module

I recently added the Backoff Brake Light module to my SVTC. Since I wanted to minimize cutting wires I added it to the trunk light only.

Two reasons for this.

1) it kept the fender brake light stock, so hopefully no tickets for a flashing brake light.

2) the cutting was done in the trunk so no exposure to weather.

The installation was not to bad.

1) remove the liner from the rear of the trunk.

2) remove the black plastic piece from the rear of the trunk.

Note: 4 Phillips screws on top, 2 10mm bolts on the bottom. The 8 mm bolts hold the locking mechanism to the plastic piece, no need to loosen them. Found out after I did.

3) remove the wiring harness from the holders. There is a small connector you disconnect.

you can then remove the trim from around the light and then the light or work in place. I removed the trim and light.

4) cut the YELLOW (brake) wire and install the Backoff Module per the instructions.

5) attach the black wire from the Backoff Module to the black/white wire going to the tail/brake light.

I did this on the downstream side of the connector so worst case I could buy a new light and plug it into the factory connector.

I also used spade connectors on the wiring. This allows me to 1) remove the Backoff Module and return the light to factory configuration but more important 2) it allows me to select from one of two lighting configurations without having to recut wires.

The module I have is 1) 4 quick flashes and then solid until you release the brake light or 2) 4 flashes then solid for about 4 seconds and then repeats for as long as you hold the brake. This is the option I chose since the brake light on the fender is still solid.

I have a video of the results and once I figure out how to post it I will add it.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPFAX2ISejtF-yuZI07AlU_LhNZYHj1WSFLlePk

Edited by ecbaatz