IGNORED

Rear Shock Replacement

The eye to eye length it 10". Most of the aftermarket shocks appear to be Hagon's. Do a search for Hagon for more info. If your shock is leaking or if it has begun to "pogo stick" (out of oil completely) it can be repaired. Nearly all of the issues with the stock shock is oil leakage. There is an O ring above the bottom clevis that leaks. I can drain your shock, replace the O ring and recharge with suspension fluid. Cost for Venturerider.org paid members if $50 for U.S. shipping addresses and $100 for Canadian. The cost included return freight to you. PM me with questions. Ride safe, ride smooth!!

• 4 months later...

I’m not sure if I’m in the same boat. The shop said I had a “slow air leak” in my rear shock for my 06 RSTD. Does it need a complete replacement with a mono shock like Hagon or is it something that can be rebuilt as well? I considered buying a new one but the prices are really inconsistent. I’ve seen that 2nd gen shock for sale on some Yamaha dealers websites ranging from 500 on the low end to 800 at the top.