IGNORED

Don't Judge Me

Yama Mama

Have you ever been out on a ride, and you stop somewhere for some reason. Now, I oftentimes wear my leather pants, and my leather jacket if it is cold out. You know I dress for the elements.

So I notice people who are not on motorcycles looking at me in my leathers. I think they think that I am not as good as they are just by the way they look at me. Can you believe it, they are judging me. Yes, they think because I am on a motorcycle and I am wearing leather pants and a leather jacket that I am obviously not as good as they are. Of course, they have no idea I am Yama Mama. I am sure if they knew that it would be a lot different.

I am not offended at all. In fact, sometimes I think it is really funny. Perhaps sometimes, I may accentuate the positive with my little outfit. I recently was at one of our Grandson's soccer games. We rode the motorcycle and I had on my leather gear. I saw a woman with a beautiful husky dog, so there I am in my leather jacket, my leather pants, carrying my helmet. I commented on how beautiful the dog was. The woman gave me a dirty look and walked away.

I did not really care actually, but I would have liked to have met the dog. I was not interested in the woman at all.

So I guess the point of this whole thing is who cares. They probably are jealous that they do not own a motorcycle.

Yep, that is the way I see it. They are just plain jealous.

Have a nice day!

Yama Mama:happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65:

Were you carrying your whips strapped to your thigh or wrapped over your shoulder. She might have felt intimidated.:whistling::bowdown:

Must be a Canadian thing? My thoughts exactly!

Or thinking about that story Carl started telling us about The Lady in black leathers, the party and the "somethin" that happened behind the... Well maybe he told others too and , maybe is why she seemed to rush past and get to her hubby?? hmm hmm

Just a thought;)

You know those boots go all the way up! And they sure aren't easy to get them on and even harder to take them off!

Yama Mama

I figure I could find you some help if need be,,,, I hear Freebird has some time here and there, and then the Bum ain't working so hard now that he's with a cane. Now Patch maybe a bit far away, maybe just depends on how far up is? Yep!!! I don't think it would be that hard to find some help.

On the other side, I understand your story and would agree with you fully, but\and it's those times that make us think the wrong things about other times that people look at us,,, for it's not necessarily actually HOW they look at us, but rather how WE think they are looking at us, Give that some thought maybe.

Must be a Canadian thing? My thoughts exactly!

Or thinking about that story Carl started telling us about The Lady in black leathers, the party and the "somethin" that happened behind the... Well maybe he told others too and , maybe is why she seemed to rush past and get to her hubby?? hmm hmm

Just a thought;)

man can you ever dream,,, do you do that in the daytime as well? Story??? me have a story???,, started and not finished???? we need to meet and I'll set you straight!!

man can you ever dream,,, do you do that in the daytime as well? Story??? me have a story???,, started and not finished???? we need to meet and I'll set you straight!!

Ok but bring your black book, K!

Remember the song, You Can Keep Your Hat On.... I'd deferentially switch out the hat for the BOOTS ;)

I think once again we have gotten off track from the original subject. The subject was when you are dressed in your leathers do you feel people are forming an opinion about you? I think this is probably more true with women. I think women tend to form opinions about other women because of how they are dressed. Especially women who do not ride motorcycles, they think everyone on a motorcycle is part of a gang. It is due to ignorance actually, that is the whole problem.

Now with me, I could care less about what others think. I have always been partial to leather.

It is my happy place.

Yama Mama

I've noticed this, if I hit the grocery store in just the leather jacket and jeans. I rarely ride without my jacket even when it's hot out - safety, right? I still get suspicious/questioning looks sometimes.

I've just moved from Denver to the San Luis Obispo area, and both areas have lots of riders, so normally I feel that I fit right in. Restaurants, walking down the street, etc. It mostly seems to be the older, conservative crowd at the grocery store that gives unapproving glances.

OK Mama just to show I am paying attention (Bum and Carl are really the daydreamers) I am going be prove I am paying VERY CLOSE Attention, and answer, studiously ;)

I think once again we have gotten off track from the original subject.

We go where you lead us, promptly I might add.

The subject was when you are dressed in your leathers do you feel people are forming an opinion about you?

Sorry I was distract by the class clowns.. Could you repeat the question, say closer to my ear, pretty please?

I think this is probably more true with women.

I think women tend to form opinions about other women because of how they are dressed.

Yes I agree, women are constantly judging the sex appeal over content while staring at the cover, mother help us if we get caught staring;)

Especially women who do not ride motorcycles, they think everyone on a motorcycle is part of a gang.

I do believe this is changing? When I started riding yes it was a common impression but today much less I honestly believe that more woman would like to ride verses....

(Wow that took some discipline;))

It is due to ignorance actually, that is the whole problem.

The best cure or work through for ignorance is "class" show it then when needed prove it. Lets be honest about this reality, many women are competitive when it comes to what they can and can't wear. As a man I can say with complete integrity that I enjoy when out with girls their demonstrated class above all else. Yes I enjoy when they make the time to pull the outfit off and stand or walk proud by me, but nothing rocks my world more then when they speak thoughtfully thru the fog of others! Period!

Now with me, I could care less about what others think. I have always been partial to leather.

It is my happy place.

It makes us happy too Mama

Yama Mama

Now lets see if marcarl and saddlebum have been paying attention:wow:

Oh I paid attention alright, and even read through your ovation. Notice that you are getting shorter winded as time goes on but now your using the words of others to produce what might seem to be a well delivered oration. Nice going though, good job for an oldie!

As far as more commenting on the issue at hand,, I've said my piece and Mama knows full well where I come from,, for she is one of the best, leathers or not!!! I say no more,,, well for now anyways!!

Oh I paid attention alright, and even read through your ovation. Notice that you are getting shorter winded as time goes on but now your using the words of others to produce what might seem to be a well delivered oration. Nice going though, good job for an oldie!

Well Carl what the heck? I can't figure if that is a complement or, we meet at the bicycle rack?

OK Mama just to show I am paying attention (Bum and Carl are really the daydreamers) I am going be prove I am paying VERY CLOSE Attention, and answer, studiously ;)

Now lets see if marcarl and saddlebum have been paying attention:wow:

Could you repeat that .:backinmyday:....I missed the part after " OK Mama " :confused24:

Well Carl what the heck? I can't figure if that is a complement or, we meet at the bicycle rack?

Let's do the rack thing, it's just around the corner and to the left of the driveway on the right which comes just after the pole in the field on the other side of the snowbank. When you get to the red barn, that burned down last year, you'll be close.