IGNORED

90° Valve Stems

The rear tire already has an angled valve stem. Points backward on the high side of the bike when on side stand. Front tire is straight.

That is what I needed to hear. Thanks for the info. I carry, "Cycle Pump" a great compressor and the rear tire is always the difficult one. I put angled stems on and that makes all the difference.

Ride safe, have fun!

Don

• 2 weeks later...

I was working on my bike last night and realized the rear angled stem is facing to the right not like my '07 RSV that face left of the bike. Because of the nice design of the front wheel spoke, I found out that it made it easier to check and fill air with the amount of space in between spokes. FWIW, 41 psi on front and rear is one the highest psi I've seen on a bike tire as recommended by Yamaha. :icon_lurker:

I never understood the practice of pointing the angled stems left. They're much easier to get at on the side stand when pointed right. Whenever I was installing angled stems in my shop I pointed them to the right.

I expect your '18 has radial tires. Those tend to get higher pressures than bias ply tires.

I am not sure, but there might be a reason why Yamaha engineers did it that way. On the 2nd gens, the rear brake rotor is on the right while the ‘18 TC rear brake rotor is on the left side. It makes it easier to access the side without the rotor so that is where the angle is pointed to. ...my guess. giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk