IGNORED

78 days down

RDawson

And 43 more until DQ is back. We have one of the few walkup DQs left in the country. It opens March 1st and closes Halloween night. I've been killing time reading old posts way back in time and it just occurred to me Big Tom couldn't make it here. No burgers or chicken, just ice cream, chili dogs, and drinks 8 months of the year. Guess our DQ season here is like the riding season up there. The difference being we can ride 20 miles to the next town with a DQ. :cry::cry::cry:

We're getting white stuff dumped right in our back yard around here,,, talk about SERVICE!!! It might taste a bit different, but then beggars can't be choosers. It's cold, wet and there's lots of it. The 'Fool must have hit the wrong button again.

The last time my wife and I bought ice cream at DQ, it was so sweet that we dropped it into the trash can. Seems so many things these days are just loaded with sugar.

Maybe it's got to do with you eating less sugar these days? or Maybe it;s got to do with the mentality of DQ and others: let's see, sugar is cheap, so how can we sell it for more money and get people to buy it,,,,,, we got it, let's add some dairy and call it IC. Guess what, it works. Works with salt as well, same book, just another page. The meat industry has this down pat!!

Maybe it's got to do with you eating less sugar these days? or Maybe it;s got to do with the mentality of DQ and others: let's see, sugar is cheap, so how can we sell it for more money and get people to buy it,,,,,, we got it, let's add some dairy and call it IC. Guess what, it works. Works with salt as well, same book, just another page. The meat industry has this down pat!!
should be called DJ {Dairy Jester} instead of DQ. I miss the old Tasty Freeze places at least they used real ice cream. Sad how big chains with poor quality always seems to replace good quality.

It's because people will buy more crap with more sugar in it. Restaurants are now putting sugar in vegetable dishes such as slaw and a southern favorite, collards. Disgusting!

The local DQ still uses the old recipe for ice cream. My daughter's class had the owner in for a speech and he talked about the throwback location and recipe being a huge draw. Two picnic tables under the awning and a few more under some shade trees are always busy. Usually a few bikes there in the afternoon.

And 43 more until DQ is back. We have one of the few walkup DQs left in the country. It opens March 1st and closes Halloween night. I've been killing time reading old posts way back in time and it just occurred to me Big Tom couldn't make it here. No burgers or chicken, just ice cream, chili dogs, and drinks 8 months of the year. Guess our DQ season here is like the riding season up there. The difference being we can ride 20 miles to the next town with a DQ. :cry::cry::cry:

We have one of the few walk up also in Sturgeon Bay WI. Same thing closed in the winter

Well, I looked up the ingredients for DQ ice cream and found the following:

9k=

TECHNICALLY, WHEN YOU ORDER A CONE OR CUP AT DAIRY QUEEN, YOU'RE NOT GETTING ICE CREAM. According to the company, "Our soft-serve does not qualify to be called ice cream. To be categorized as ice cream, the minimum butterfat content must be 10 percent, and our soft-serve has only 5 percent butterfat."

What are the ingredients in Dairy Queen ice cream?

INGREDIENTS: Artificially Flavored Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milkfat And Nonfat Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Whey, Mono And Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Guar Gum, Polysorbate 80, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate.

When I was a kid, the local walk up DQ was a block away from the city swimming pool. This was when DQ had the small burgers that were like Krystals has now. At the time, they were 12 cents each and tax was 4%, so we could get eight little burgers for one buck. I am one that thinks DQ soft serve is about the best soft serve around as it is always very creamy, as compared to the iciness of some soft serve ice cream.

That was when I had my 125 Ducati Bronco and there was always some young girl that wanted to go on their first motorcycle ride and in their swim suit, no less. Yep, those were the good old days.

Randy