IGNORED

2001 RSTD not running rright

2001 RSTD has been sitting for a year or so. Drained the fuel and put fresh fuel in, it would start but die right away. Pulled the carbs apart and thoroughly cleaned them. All the pilot jets were clogged so I thought the cleaning job would fix the problem. I bought the carb kit for them which had a lot of new parts to put in them, which I did. Put the carbs back on and the bike will run, but not right, sounds like it is not running on all 4 cylinders. I synced the carbs which might have helped a little, but not much. I measured the temperature of each exhaust pipe right at the cylinder head, the rear ones rear around 500F and the front ones around 200F. Seems the front cylinders are not working well. There is spark to all four plugs. I have not done a compression test yet. Thought I would post this here to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance!

Put a whole bottle of Gumout for high mileage engines in the gas tank and run it through. That might clean any ports you may have been missed during the carb cleaning. Install new spark plugs. 500 sounds high to me. When I measure my Kawasaki exhaust pipes about 4" from the head they read about 260 to 270. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks on those cylinders.