IGNORED

Transmission is stuck

Just some info, don't know if it's important or relevant. There is a reason I'm told that they didn't put an oil pressure gauge on these motors, but only an oil level sending device.

There is so little pressure at idle that it would scare the poop out of you if you got to see it. So if you only idled it to check,, which would be normal, there might not be enough pressure to actually discover anything relative.

Just some info, don't know if it's important or relevant. There is a reason I'm told that they didn't put an oil pressure gauge on these motors, but only an oil level sending device.

There is so little pressure at idle that it would scare the poop out of you if you got to see it. So if you only idled it to check,, which would be normal, there might not be enough pressure to actually discover anything relative.

I was reading that this weekend - I would like to verify if it has flow - I am not seeing any...

Good point Carl, though there must be enough to float the journals. It bugs me some that there isn't even a reference mark listed.

Piston pressure is low at idle meaning the pump can be geared/ratio to higher pressures at higher rpms but what is that suspect pressure point? I would expect above 80 psi.

So as Carl says bring the rpm say to 15 for as short a time as possible..

You can take compression tests to check for wall and ring damage damage, you can also pull a head cover and take a peek..