IGNORED

US Mail Privacy, not.

SpencerPJ

Wondering what ya'lls thoughts are of BiG Brother in Washington

I signed up for this cool daily email from the US Postal Service. Turns out, every piece of standard mail in the USA is scanned and stored on servers (thanks to terrorists). You can get a daily email of the mail and packages you can expect, typically that day. It's fairly accurate, a little less with packages over the holidays. BUT, Big Brothers in Washington know EVERY piece of mail you get daily. Not that I have anything to hide, but isn't that a bit disturbing.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Informed-Delivery-The-Basics

Wondering what ya'lls thoughts are of BiG Brother in Washington

I signed up for this cool daily email from the US Postal Service. Turns out, every piece of standard mail in the USA is scanned and stored on servers (thanks to terrorists). You can get a daily email of the mail and packages you can expect, typically that day. It's fairly accurate, a little less with packages over the holidays. BUT, Big Brothers in Washington know EVERY piece of mail you get daily. Not that I have anything to hide, but isn't that a bit disturbing.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Informed-Delivery-The-Basics

I rarely use USPS anymore, but when I do I know it's not private. I am quite disturbed by it which is why I try and use other carriers instead. Not that there is any guarantee of privacy with any of them, but USPS and Amazon is pretty bad.

Just because we don't have anything to hide doesn't mean we have anything we want to share with our gov or corps/businesses, or anyone. Sharing any information with anyone is rarely in our own best interest. As it turns out it is very much in the interest of those who snoop and pry, quite often to our own detriment.

I'm with ya brother! When enough of us are sick of it we'll do something about it. Until then we have to be aware of every facet of life that has the potential to infringe. I can assure you that anyone gathering info on us is not doing so for our good.

So hows come the dips cant my packages to customers or to me when they say they are there? I get a message when I buy something with tracking number and when I check on it says shipped. 3 or 4 days later it still says in transit but no location. LOL

I use the USPS app and find it to be quite accurate. Far better than Fed Ex...which is broken as far as I'm concerned. UPS is good as well.

Regarding privacy...if you really understand how much information is being gathered each and every day, you would realize there is no way, none, nada, that any agency can possibly ever look at each piece of info. Not even close. So I'm not concerned at all. Even NSA's massive computer system can only handle so much data, so they have to prioritise. I doubt very much I'm even within a thousand miles of their priority list! Or anyones, for that matter.

Why worry, be happy.

:beer::biker:

Personalty I believe that privacy should be a conscious fact of every day life, now.

I manage to find something out a couple months back that I really did not want to know about another person and, I wasn't looking for the information in fact, I felt it none of my business at the time. However the other not knowing I knew caused a rather big riff between myself and the other party they thinking I had probed!

I am not on FB at the moment, I see no advantage. I also do not like to travel much outside of Canada but I hear often of people posting during their vacations; I wonder if I am the one that lives in a bubble or those that do it.

I bought a Blackberry like 6 months back. You can say what you want about them but they remain a tough nut to F**** with and they manage the updates. I just feel better about it, tho it could be easier to use.

So I answered a post here about blades, now my Utube home page is packed with blade videos, how?? because I swear to yo'll I never looked any up anywhere but here and only that one I engaged in. I have since "not interested" the recommendations and expect them to stop BUT, and, as I mentioned for myself, it was a part of my life I left behind (not easily) decades ago. Meaning, I try not to regain the interest in say "that sport/hobby".

Anyways little things build up after a while and perhaps the answer is to learn to be more chameleon than up frontish ;) Hmm

So I answered a post here about blades, now my Utube home page is packed with blade videos, how?? because I swear to yo'll I never looked any up anywhere but here and only that one I engaged in. I have since "not interested" the recommendations and expect them to stop BUT, and, as I mentioned for myself, it was a part of my life I left behind (not easily) decades ago. Meaning, I try not to regain the interest in say "that sport/hobby".

Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc.. all own everything we look at. How much do you pay to use Google, or YouTube? I can be on my Desktop computer as I am now, Later go downstairs get on the iPad, wife has Facebook that I occasionally browse, and ads of stuff I look at on my computer show up on her Facebook account. They are looking at everything going through my router, 100%. Think about that when doing online banking at bill paying. A friend and his wife opened Google on his cellphone, and nothing else. Nothing. They had a detailed discussion about cats, food, etc etc. They hate cats (just sayin). He started getting ads for cat food etc on his phone. Mind you he did nothing but opened Google, did not surf, did not hit the microphone button. Personally, I think most of this technology is the mastermind of the evil one.

Patch: You would be floored what people post on Facebook. Vacations, selfies in front of mirrors in bathrooms, even adults. It's unreal.

RE -1

And if Google, Amazon, MS, et all have their way. every word you speak and every foot step you take will be recorded, analyzed, and monetized.

Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc.. all own everything we look at. How much do you pay to use Google, or YouTube? I can be on my Desktop computer as I am now, Later go downstairs get on the iPad, wife has Facebook that I occasionally browse, and ads of stuff I look at on my computer show up on her Facebook account. They are looking at everything going through my router, 100%. Think about that when doing online banking at bill paying. A friend and his wife opened Google on his cellphone, and nothing else. Nothing. They had a detailed discussion about cats, food, etc etc. They hate cats (just sayin). He started getting ads for cat food etc on his phone. Mind you he did nothing but opened Google, did not surf, did not hit the microphone button. Personally, I think most of this technology is the mastermind of the evil one.

Patch: You would be floored what people post on Facebook. Vacations, selfies in front of mirrors in bathrooms, even adults. It's unreal.

Sometimes I do special projects, some of you may remember a post I did couple years back about a ghetto I took charge of for an investment group.

So I was asked to get involved in a personal situation for a very good family friend of ours. Tho I was still in recuperation at the time the need was urgent and I agreed. Now our national force had this town buttoned up looking for any signs of this headache that had plagued them for many years, no sooner than my truck pulled into/onto the drive a patrol car drove by noting my plate. I had asked one tough tradesman to join me out there figuring he wouldn't get spooked. Turned out tho that every time he went to town he was pulled over. So a bit of a hassle for him, now it being a small town it wasn't long before they knew why he was there and the heat cooled for him.

What's my correlation as pertaining to this thread; well I am betting some of us already know where I'm going with the above.

It is seeming like to this old fellow very much like having a record!

my thoughts anyways

How can anyone not like cats?

I agree with the router but, I notice that private viewing "no cookies" makes a difference.

I agree with the router but, I notice that private viewing "no cookies" makes a difference.

maybe sometimes, but just recently I was looking at Cruises in private, being it's our 30 anniversary this year, I was incognito on Google, and sure as ****, Cruise ads galore on her Facebook account. I trust them zero..

Even though the name, login info and security systems, at home and at work are completely different, things that I research at home will appear in adds on my puter at work the next day and things that I research at work will appear in the adds on my home computers. So big brother was able to make the connection somehow. It could be that they are reading all of my emails from both home and at work and were able to mine enough out of them to make the connection. Or is it they are mining banks and other financial institutions, because every everywhere you apply for anything to do with money they ask where you work.

Even though the name, login info and security systems, at home and at work are completely different, things that I research at home will appear in adds on my puter at work the next day and things that I research at work will appear in the adds on my home computers. So big brother was able to make the connection somehow. It could be that they are reading all of my emails from both home and at work and were able to mine enough out of them to make the connection. Or is it they are mining banks and other financial institutions, because every everywhere you apply for anything to do with money they ask where you work.

If you log into your Google or Yahoo account for the emails, that is the connection.