IGNORED

Rear brake rotor

Dales venture

Hi.

I'm a new member from the UK. I've recently bought a 1992 XVZ1300 but just found out that the rear brake rotor (we call them discs over here) has been quite badly buckled and is out by at least 3mm meaning that it rotates and catches the pads quite badly. This sends an incorrect signal to the LED which indicates problems with brake fluid level.

Not sure how this has happened unless a previous owners tyre change was very aggressive.

I've done a fair bit of phoning around and research. Obviously not available anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get a second hand rotor or will any other rotor from another model fit??

Thanks guys,

Blake.

EBC part number MD2049.

It's not in the UK catalog. I guess you folks aren't supposed to have the motorcycle. They're made in the UK though so I think you should be able to chase one up.[ride em don't hide em)

Thanks for that but I've found a company that will make a copy disc for $75.

• 2 weeks later...
EBC part number MD2049.

It's not in the UK catalog. I guess you folks aren't supposed to have the motorcycle. They're made in the UK though so I think you should be able to chase one up.[ride em don't hide em)

Thanks for that but I've found a company that will make a copy disc for $75.

In the remote reserve for the rear brake master you'll find that sometimes the rubber baffle that keeps air out of the system is extended down and hits the low fluid float. It's not easy to get to but I've found that with a coat hanger bent to the proper shape you can lift the baffle back up a few folds and the light will go out. It ain't perfect, but works.