IGNORED

Fuel pump question

Papa Fred

Good afternoon, gang...

I'm looking for any info on what members of "The Herd" use as a replacement for the Fuel pump on their 2nd Gens. I'm not having any issues with mine...at least there weren't any when I put it to bed for the winter...I'm just researching the possible replacement.

I seem to remember reading some posts about the OEM pumps having essentially a fuel cutoff when not on so no fuel drains from the tank into the cylinders. I'm one of the Old Guys who got into the habit of shutting off the fuel petcock at the tank when I stop riding, (however long that might be), so the fuel shutoff is a bonus. Just curious as to what's out there for my 20 year old Mistress.

Cheers...

Papa Fred

I put the Mr Gasket pump in and shut off valve all the time too. If your handy doing the points might be the way to go for you. While your in there, might as well relocate the fuel filter and change it. As it is now its a PIA to service.

Good afternoon, gang...

I'm looking for any info on what members of "The Herd" use as a replacement for the Fuel pump on their 2nd Gens. I'm not having any issues with mine...at least there weren't any when I put it to bed for the winter...I'm just researching the possible replacement.

I seem to remember reading some posts about the OEM pumps having essentially a fuel cutoff when not on so no fuel drains from the tank into the cylinders. I'm one of the Old Guys who got into the habit of shutting off the fuel petcock at the tank when I stop riding, (however long that might be), so the fuel shutoff is a bonus. Just curious as to what's out there for my 20 year old Mistress.

Cheers...

Papa Fred

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?143586-Fuel-pump&p=1071480#post1071480

see post number 4