IGNORED

For former Royal Star owners is the new Star Venture worth it?

I own a 2009 Royal Star Venture XVZ1300.

I really enjoy the motorcycle and there is nothing wrong with it. My wife also enjoys going on trips with me.

She has approved for me to get a new motorcycle. I don’t need a new one but we are blessed that we can get it. HOWEVER , my lovely wife won’t let me keep the 2009 Royal Star if I get a new motorcycle.

So the big question is this. Especially for former Royal Star owners, is the upgrade worth it? Do you really love your new Star Venture? Will the heat be too much?

i am getting low 40’s for gas mileage in the 09 RSV. Will going to the newer Star Venture be disappointing as far as gas mileage?

thanks in advance for any comments or recommendations.

I own a 2009 Royal Star Venture XVZ1300.

I really enjoy the motorcycle and there is nothing wrong with it. My wife also enjoys going on trips with me.

She has approved for me to get a new motorcycle. I don’t need a new one but we are blessed that we can get it. HOWEVER , my lovely wife won’t let me keep the 2009 Royal Star if I get a new motorcycle.

So the big question is this. Especially for former Royal Star owners, is the upgrade worth it? Do you really love your new Star Venture? Will the heat be too much?

i am getting low 40’s for gas mileage in the 09 RSV. Will going to the newer Star Venture be disappointing as far as gas mileage?

thanks in advance for any comments or recommendations.

My feelings also. I too own a 2009 RSV. I have experienced no real performance issues. I do like having a fuel injected engine with ABS braking. I have had no problems with the RSV carb setup or ever needed ABS while riding. It's just nice knowing it"s there. What I do see is a seemingly lack of Star Venture bikes on the road compared to Harley, Indian, Honda etc. Still trying figure that out.

When I bought my Star Venture I kept my 07 RSV. I liked the RSV to much to part with it. I drove the Star Venture for several thousand miles to get it broke in and to test the reliability of it. Eventually I got back on the RSV and could not believe the difference between the two bikes as far as balance and center of gravity is concerned. I found the RSV to be heavy and non responsive in comparison to the Star Venture. Needless to say I sold my RSV. I will never go back to the RSV.

I rode the Star Venture around the Branson Mo area last year on Labour Day weekend in 96 degree heat. Two up. The heat from the bike is a non issue, at least for me. I believe it is the way you sit on the bike as to whether you fill heat or not.

I really like the Yamaha V4 but this Vtwin does everything I need it to do. We cruised across South Dakota on Hwy 90 doing 85 to 90 mph with plenty of power left. My average mpg since day one on the Star Venture is 44 mpg. Plus all the extra electronics make this bike one of the best.

I would do this all over again in a heartbeat.

Thank you sincerely both for your experiences and reviews of old versus new. I definitely plan on moving forward now.

You will have to test ride a new venture to find out.

Playing Devils advocate check this out. Only weighs 567 lbs, has a 4 axis IMU, and yup...Cruise Control.

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2020-Versys-1000-SE-LT-Plus?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

You will have to test ride a new venture to find out.

Playing Devils advocate check this out. Only weighs 567 lbs, has a 4 axis IMU, and yup...Cruise Control.

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2020-Versys-1000-SE-LT-Plus?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

I am an old guy. I tried the FJR and I wanted to love it but could not handle the riding position. I would assume the Kawasaki is the same. I also think that bike would suck for 2 up

I am an old guy. I tried the FJR and I wanted to love it but could not handle the riding position. I would assume the Kawasaki is the same. I also think that bike would suck for 2 up

Adventure bike seating position.

As long as your spending money... open mind now...

j132hmdg.dmy.jpg kwak.jpg