IGNORED

how to remove stickers on tank

I bought my 2008 RSV used and the warning sticker ("WARNING - be careful of everything") is still on the tank to the right of the gas cap. How can I remove this sticker without removing or damaging the paint on the tank?

Likewise, I want to remove the built-in communication cord that is held in place on the tank with a clip. I have Schuburth helmets with Blue Tooth so will never need the factory comm system. I can remove the comm connector cable with no problem but also want to remove the clip glued to the tank without damaging the tank paint.

I bought my 2008 RSV used and the warning sticker ("WARNING - be careful of everything") is still on the tank to the right of the gas cap. How can I remove this sticker without removing or damaging the paint on the tank?

Likewise, I want to remove the built-in communication cord that is held in place on the tank with a clip. I have Schuburth helmets with Blue Tooth so will never need the factory comm system. I can remove the comm connector cable with no problem but also want to remove the clip glued to the tank without damaging the tank paint.

Use a hair dryer on the tank sticker to soften the glue. It should peel right off. Back and forth on the area so as not to get the thing too hot. Some hair dryers can get pretty hot. Doug

Use a hair dryer on the tank sticker to soften the glue. It should peel right off. Back and forth on the area so as not to get the thing too hot. Some hair dryers can get pretty hot. Doug
Yup hairdryer but warm just enough for it to start peeling. Too much heat and it will pull apart. Any glue residue can be removed with alcohol or lighter fluid.

Hmm I seem to remember a discussion way back about the "warning" sticker. Something about they were clear coated over and trying to peel it could screw the rest of the paint up. But the comm cord for sure will come off.

Mine left a faint rectangle outline in the black paint.

VentureFar...

I honestly can’t remember for sure. I have a faint memory of picking at the corner with my fingernail and then just peeling it off.

I would have been afraid to use a blow dryer next to the gas tank since they spark internally when you turn them in.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk