IGNORED

No Electric or the bike is not waking up?

Gundriver24

My 2018 Venture TC is asleep and will not wake up. The battery is at 13.25 volts. Fuses all good or I think they are. Have the battery on a charger. The Fob has a new battery, the light blinks, the bike does nothing. Stuck!

Thanks for any help!

Jerry Gardner

501-350-4869

Is the fob turned on? You can turn it off and on.

Here is another tip many don't know about, the key fob if you push and hold the unlock button on the key fob until you see the small red light on the front of the key fob come on then let go of the unlock button that turns off the key fob.

To turn the key fob back on just hold down the unlock button on the key fob until the small red light on the front of the key fob comes on then let go of the unlock button and the key fob will be back on again.

So if for some reason you can't get the ignition switch to work on the bike check to make sure the key fob is turned on.

Edited by ecbaatz

The bike woke up, when both buttons on the Fob were held for 15 seconds. Something in the electronics sizzled and popped and the bike worked. Until that, nothing would turn the electronics on. We found this tip a while back. It could have been my fob was off too.

Thank you for the help. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jerry

The bike woke up, when both buttons on the Fob were held for 15 seconds. Something in the electronics sizzled and popped and the bike worked. Until that, nothing would turn the electronics on. We found this tip a while back. It could have been my fob was off too.

Thank you for the help. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jerry

Bet that info was worth a few bucks eh?

• 2 months later...

Sorry for taking so long to report back. The true issue was the battery cables were loose. It would get power and lose it. Once the cables and the battery box were tightened, all was well. The bike had a new rear shock installed in October. So my Yamaha dealer was the last one in that area. All is good now! Thanks for all the help.

Jerry Gardner