IGNORED

my mother just passed away unexpectedly

So my wife and I were headed to Wichita , Ks today to attend a family member's funeral on her side (cousin, only 48) When I received a phone call (while on the road

) from my brother. He informed me that our mother just passed ! I live in Oklahoma and my mother in South Carolina. I just visited her this last summer. I am very upset and in shock. Writing this is keeping my mind busy but I'm still in shock. My mom was my brother's life and I am flying out to be with him!

Life is short and families (like ours) who quarrel and don't speak to each other in over 20 yrs should learn from this. I really don't know what else to say but I miss my mom already and can't believe she is gone. I will know tomorrow what the cause was. She was 77.

I'm sorry for your loss! It's really tough to lose a family member.

I got an email last night informing me that an engineer I worked with at D C COOK Nuclear Plant in MI in 1999 had died. He was a very good project engineer and I liked and respected him. I think he was in his late 70's. We had kept in touch by email.

So sorry for your loss. It's hard enough when you see it coming. I thought I was prepared for my father's death as he had been in poor health for quite a while. I was wrong. I can't imagine how hard it would hit me to get that call about my mother.

Remember the good times, don't dwell on the bad.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mom at 78, unexpected, 10 years ago, and still hurts especially around the holidays, she was the best cook. Hope you find comfort and the good that can come out of her passing, maybe a closer relationship with the man upstairs. Peace and prayers for you and your family during this very tough time.

It's a time of loss, and as you mentioned, now is the time to have the relationship with your family and friends, tomorrow may be too late, and if you never met the Great Comforter, then now is maybe a good time to ask for His peace. Hopefully you'll find blessings from above.

It is a trying time, for sure.....but know that the hurt goes away in time and the good memories remain behind to help you smile when you have those "miss your mom" moments! It's been 15 years since both of my parents passed....and I still miss them. But the smiles come on stronger now as I remember some of the wonderful things they did for my sister and I.

Sorry for your loss.....hang in there!

Update. It's been 2 weeks and I am doing better. In terms of cause of death, this is interesting, so let me back up a few years.

Each year, my wife and I would travel from Oklahoma to South Carolina to see my mom. About 2 years ago upon visiting we noticed her abdomen had suddenly distended and it was quite noticeable! I chalked it off to overeating but she had always been very petite so this didn't make sense. I urged her to see a doctor but my mother was not the type to do that, claiming she was fine. She was an avid smoker and enjoyed her wine(she started drinking regularly after my dad's passing 25 years ago) Evidently her liver had become diseased and contributed to ascites ( fluid in abdomen). This in turn caused cardiac arrest. This all sounds horrible, since modern medicine could have helped ( liver transplant, etc) but......that would not have mattered since she was nearing 80 and the likelihood of an intervention was minimal if not impossible. I remember 20 years ago talking to her about her drinking and it obviously did no good.

With all this being said, my mother was the most caring person I've ever known. She lived a good life and had a good relationship with God.

Please take care of your bodies. After all, it is a temple that should not be defiled. Well, that's what I believe.

Thanks again for your prayers . I've started restoring my 1965 Honda which is helping me with the grieving process.