IGNORED

2008 RSV service manual

I am looking to buy a service/repair manual for my 2008 Royal Star Venture.

The Clymer manual seems to be quite popular - my question is, are there better manuals available, and if so, which one is best?

Also, does the online manual seem to be sufficient or is the printed manual easier to use?

Thanks

Edited by cwtart

The Clymer manual seems to be quite popular - my question is, are there better manuals available, and if so, which one is best?

Also, does the online manual seem to be sufficient or is the printed manual easier to use?

Thanks

I have tried Clymer for different bikes and have found them to usually be inadequate. I use the online manuals sometimes but I prefer to print them, three hole punch them, and put the pages in a three ring binder. You can write on the pages, making notes, reminders, sketch drawings, sometimes conversion of metric measurements, and then print a new page if you ruin one. The wiring diagrams are best in color and those I usually use digitally.

Thanks

Here are my thoughts on the factory service manual.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?99395-2013-RSV-Service-Manual

And.... ya know the digital service manual is available right here on ventureriders in

https://www.venturerider.org/manuals/RSVservice.pdf