IGNORED

Winter oil

Not a whole lot of replies I see so far. I would guess that a good diesel 10-30 would do just fine. Maybe it's because most of us would not ride at those temp, because it's either too cold to enjoy the ride, or too risky with the proper available traction on icy or snowy surfaces.

I use Valvoline 10W-40 conventional motorcycle oil, but I see that Walmart has full synthetic for just a little more. I don't remember exactly what I paid for my last batch, but I think it was way less than Walmarts '$6.72/qt. I usually buy it at Blain's Farm and Fleet, but the last batch I picked up when we were up in St. Cloud MN visiting our grandson at Mill's Fleet Farm.

I have a 2003 royal star midnight venture. What is the best oil for winter riding below 35 deg? I am unable to find the oil that the book recommneds. Any advise would be helpful! Thanks

I use Quicksilver 20w-50 synthetic all year and I ride all year. I live in Oklahoma so it's not the same as when I was in Chicago but I've never had a problem. I just let it warm up a bit longer.