United States
    AL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What the

on my way to work tonight I stopped to fuel up my truck and while I was standing there I heard something that sounded like a spark of electricity. I spun around to see what was going on and there was two young girls one was pumping gas in the car and the other was sitting side ways in the drivers seat with the door open pointing a tazer at the girl pumping the gas and pressing the button! I about had a heart attack right there! These girls were maybe 20 years old or less so I said Miss do you realize that you could blow us all up killing your friend and possibly many more people because gas fumes will ignite and set your world on fire. Now in my defense I was a little firm but I was not yelling and this young girl looks at me and says HEY OLD MAN MIND YOUR ON BUSINESS. I ain't gonna lie at that point I began to yelling and I hard my pump kicked off and I quickly got in my truck and left. What are the kids of today being taught where is the common sense? whew thanks for letting me vent.
    Hidden Content Woody
    2006 Venture Black Cherry (Sold)
    2014 Harley Triglide
    Remember not to ride faster than your Angel can fly

2. Likes Red Ryder, cowpuc, Dano liked this post
    United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What the

Common sense is a forgotten art. Few have it and those that do are the real geniuses. I tried hard to instill it into my kids as common sense is just basic logical reasoning. So far so good. They have their moments but. . . . . for the most part they think about their actions.
    Hidden Content

Don't end up in pieces. Riding should be your Peace.

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These kids today.....lol.
    At least she was able to formulate a complete sentence that conveyed what she felt, as opposed to just "ok, boomer" or something.
    The universe has a way of making people like her not last very long. The secret is to not be standing too close to them ever.

5. Likes RandyR liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem now becomes even for acute,,,, well at least for her,,, because after all, nothing happened and you were just blowing wind,,,, these old folks,, think they know everything!!!
    Somebody said: Change your signature,,,,,,, so I did!!!!!
    Meet me at:
    Rally@the Shores
    July 16-19th 2020
    Hidden Content 716 778 8568

United States
    SD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Common sense and common courtesy, both ironically named in todays society. It's been handily replaced by a blinding overabundance of political correctness and entitlement. If I were her dad I would have her standing before you apologizing for back chatting. At least they didn't have a gun haha.

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've seen young girls filling their car's gas tank with one hand and holding a cigarette in the other hand. I left as soon as possible.
    2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture 23k miles
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale 6k miles
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft 5k miles

United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And the DARWIN award goes to:

They walk among us!
    Hidden Content

I WOULD RATHER RIDE MY BIKE TO THE LIMIT, THAN HAVE MY BIKE LIMIT MY RIDING. BUT THAT'S JUST ME.Hidden Content

10. Thanks cowpuc, Drews gave thanks for this post
    Likes Drews, Dano, videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Never argue with stupid people they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
    Remembering my brother and friend:
    "I'm not Yammer Dan" - Yammer Dan
    Proverbs 18:24 - "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother"..
    Miss you bro - Puc
    Life is just one step after another..on a rocky hill side-Sly

12. Thanks Drews, skydoc_17 gave thanks for this post
    Likes Drews, Woody, skydoc_17, Dano liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    on my way to work tonight I stopped to fuel up my truck and while I was standing there I heard something that sounded like a spark of electricity. I spun around to see what was going on and there was two young girls one was pumping gas in the car and the other was sitting side ways in the drivers seat with the door open pointing a tazer at the girl pumping the gas and pressing the button! I about had a heart attack right there! These girls were maybe 20 years old or less so I said Miss do you realize that you could blow us all up killing your friend and possibly many more people because gas fumes will ignite and set your world on fire. Now in my defense I was a little firm but I was not yelling and this young girl looks at me and says HEY OLD MAN MIND YOUR ON BUSINESS. I ain't gonna lie at that point I began to yelling and I hard my pump kicked off and I quickly got in my truck and left. What are the kids of today being taught where is the common sense? whew thanks for letting me vent.
    So Tip and I pull into the gas station on Tweeks. A couple little kids across the fuel island were outside their parents van tossing party poppers onto the pavement and enjoying watching them go BANG as the poppers hit the pavement.. I walked over calmly and explained to them what kind of issues could prevail should one of the sparks from a popper ignite some gas fumes.. One of the parents corrected me for correcting their off spring..
    Remembering my brother and friend:
    "I'm not Yammer Dan" - Yammer Dan
    Proverbs 18:24 - "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother"..
    Miss you bro - Puc
    Life is just one step after another..on a rocky hill side-Sly

14. Thanks Drews gave thanks for this post
    Likes Drews, Woody, videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cowpuc View Post
    So Tip and I pull into the gas station on Tweeks. A couple little kids across the fuel island were outside their parents van tossing party poppers onto the pavement and enjoying watching them go BANG as the poppers hit the pavement.. I walked over calmly and explained to them what kind of issues could prevail should one of the sparks from a popper ignite some gas fumes.. One of the parents corrected me for correcting their off spring..
    That's right puc there're going to produce more like themselves to pay your retirement

United States
    AL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJ955 View Post
    Common sense and common courtesy, both ironically named in todays society. It's been handily replaced by a blinding overabundance of political correctness and entitlement. If I were her dad I would have her standing before you apologizing for back chatting. At least they didn't have a gun haha.
    I wish their Dad had been there I would have addressed him instead of her. when I started to talk to her I thought what if she comes at me with that thing but I had my hand in my pocket just incase but then I would have had to prove self defense and that would have been an uphill battle. Glad it worked out and nothing more happened.
    Hidden Content Woody
    2014 Harley Triglide

United States
    AL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Yeah, I've seen young girls filling their car's gas tank with one hand and holding a cigarette in the other hand. I left as soon as possible.
    Hidden Content Woody
    2014 Harley Triglide

United States
    AL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Bill View Post
    These kids today.....lol.
    At least she was able to formulate a complete sentence that conveyed what she felt, as opposed to just "ok, boomer" or something.
    The universe has a way of making people like her not last very long. The secret is to not be standing too close to them ever.
    OK Boomer, might not have pissed me off as bad. but yes I know what you mean.
    Hidden Content Woody
    2014 Harley Triglide

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I went on an air boat ride in the FL Everglades about 10 yrs ago. The boat engine kept spitting and sputtering and then cut off. The dipstick driving the boat drained the fuel filter on top of the black battery that had been sitting in the sun with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and then hit the start switch. That battery was very hot from being in the sun and the gas was evaporating quickly. One spark from the battery or that cigarette and the boat would have gone up in flames. I told my wife to get ready to jump overboard. Luckily there was no fire. I told the guy about it when we got back but I'm afraid I didn't make much of an impression. I was too nice I suppose. He claimed he could put out his cigarette in an open container of gas. I didn't ask for a demonstration for proof. If I remember correctly, it was Coopertown on highway 41 across southern FL.
    2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture 23k miles
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale 6k miles
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft 5k miles

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Your next comment should have been WERE MY LIFE AND THIS ENTIRE BLOCK IS CONCERNED IT d@@ WELL IS MY BUSINESS. and under the circumstance angry yelling would have been more than permissible considering you were still alive and well enough to be able too. There is a reason why fuel trucks ground there units while loading an unloading fuel in order to prevent static spark.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast