OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What the

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    My wife and I went on an air boat ride in the FL Everglades about 10 yrs ago. The boat engine kept spitting and sputtering and then cut off. The dipstick driving the boat drained the fuel filter on top of the black battery that had been sitting in the sun with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and then hit the start switch. That battery was very hot from being in the sun and the gas was evaporating quickly. One spark from the battery or that cigarette and the boat would have gone up in flames. I told my wife to get ready to jump overboard. Luckily there was no fire. I told the guy about it when we got back but I'm afraid I didn't make much of an impression. I was too nice I suppose. He claimed he could put out his cigarette in an open container of gas. I didn't ask for a demonstration for proof. If I remember correctly, it was Coopertown on highway 41 across southern FL.
    The fact that this is true does not mitigate his stupidity. Anyone who cannot see the difference in these two situations needs to lay down. They are too stupid to walk and breathe in tandem.
    TANSTAAFL

2. Thanks Drews gave thanks for this post
    Likes Drews, Dano liked this post
    United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont teach science and usefull stuff. The teach FCAT or what ever test they use to get the federal dollars. I got high school students in my auto mechanics classes that cant tell you what temperature water boils at, what temp is freezing and how to do some simple addition and subtraction of decimals.
    Hidden Content 2013 Black Victory XCT
    Trailers are for when your bike is broke, aint they?

Hidden Content

United States
    SD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I wish their Dad had been there I would have addressed him instead of her. when I started to talk to her I thought what if she comes at me with that thing but I had my hand in my pocket just incase but then I would have had to prove self defense and that would have been an uphill battle. Glad it worked out and nothing more happened.
    You only used words when she placed your life (and everyone else's) at risk, had she come at you with it, or without it, you would have been justified striking her in defense of yourself. If you were wrong her disrespectful verbal response might be warranted, but this was not the case. I would not put it past someone that disrespectful to use violence in response to words. Besides most filling stations have CCTV cams all over.

I dont want to strike anyone, but if someone strikes me I will no longer consider gender as I strike back with all I got. Our society has made it abundantly clear that discrimination will no longer be tolerated in any form. Equal rights = equal responsibility/accountability. We no longer have to take the crap we once did simply because someone is young or the opposite gender.

5. Likes Woody liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djh3 View Post
    They dont teach science and usefull stuff. The teach FCAT or what ever test they use to get the federal dollars. I got high school students in my auto mechanics classes that cant tell you what temperature water boils at, what temp is freezing and how to do some simple addition and subtraction of decimals.
    Heck you think thats bad I supervise a bunch techs at the truck dealership I work at, that are just as well educated and some are even fully licensed.

I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the scene of an accident. Car upside down and draining the gas tank onto the pavement. I was directing everyone away from the scene when a guy came up behind me and asked what had happened. I turned just in time to grab the cigarette he was about to light out of his mouth and grab his lighter. I pointed out none too quietly that we were both standing in an inch deep puddle of gasoline.
    I was on the car deck patrol and found a guy just about to light up a joint in the middle of the cars. You would be surprised how many cars have leaks. I told him there was no smoking allowed and to put it out. His reply..." It's ok man, it's not tobacco."

United States
    CA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet if they did go start a fire the family would sue the gas station and/or gas companies for making gas flammable.
    Thats when hitting the emergency pump shut off button may come in handy.

9. Likes Woody, Drews liked this post
    United States
    SD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomas View Post
    I bet if they did go start a fire the family would sue the gas station and/or gas companies for making gas flammable.
    Thats when hitting the emergency pump shut off button may come in handy.
    I'm pretty sure that once you ignite a filling station it is hard to put that **** back in the dog haha.

Maybe the stun gun manufacturer would be completely responsible, at least by all the precedents of firearm manufacturers being responsible for people misusing the tools they make. If I ever have to shank anyone with a screwdriver for trespassing I'll be sure to sick my lawyer on Snap-on for their blistering negligence in making a damn fine driver with an almost indestructible point haha.

My smileys and likes don't show up anymore, but I'm snickering like an idiot right now.

My less funny point is how crazy it is that a manufacture of a mundane item or tool like a firearm or taser, or automobile can be held liable for someones poor judgement or negative intent.

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This country has way too many attorneys and way too many residents who think of suing like they are winning the lottery. Reminds me of the guy many years ago who was driving drunk in his cheap Pinto and crashed the car killing his son. Then he tried to sue Ford because they had the technology to make a Pinto safer in a car crash but didn't. It was a frontal crash not the infamous gas tank exploding. Wasn't his fault for driving drunk. It was the fault of Ford. People like that are a waste of oxygen.
    2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture 23k miles
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale 6k miles
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft 5k miles

12. Likes Hoss liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12