IGNORED

MK2 Front end on MK1

Hey guyz!

I would like to take the front end from my 1988 and swap it onto my 1985. Also, inversly, I want to installe the front ends from my 1985 ont my 1988.

That is because the 1985 is my keeper and the 1988 will get resold.

Do the tubes from one slide right into the triples?

Anything to consider?

When I converted my 83 to MKII forks with R6 rotors, I considered making a mod to powering the anti dives. Given the amount of power they take and the inadequacies of the MKI charging system, I bought a couple of small 12 volt timer relays. The way they work is when you close a circuit, like putting on the brakes, the relay will supply power to the brake electric solenoids. With the timer function, the power would only last as long as the timer is set and I think these are adjustable from one to ten seconds. This means that for a hard stop, the solenoids would get powered for ten seconds, then power would go off. If you put on the brakes as to coming to a stop at a red light, after ten seconds, if that was what you had the timer set, the timer would break the power circuit and no more load. You could sit at the light as long as needed with no load unless you let off the brakes and then put them back on again and then the timer power would restart.

In the vast majority of our riding and using the brakes, the anti dives are not needed. It is that panic or hard stop where they can be beneficial.

But, when all was said and done, I never did power the electric anti dives as I quit riding the bike. I do remember that with the progressive springs, when I did make a hard stop, I never encountered the forks bottoming out.

Randy

Are you also going to convert the electric anti dive set up from the MKII to the MKI?

If you have not done it already, I suggest highly that you install progressive springs in your keeper.

Randy

Propbably not. I had permanently enabled them(the hydraulic version) on a previous Venture I had.