IGNORED

Rear tire for Eluder

yes the 200/60r/16 will work. This is the tire I put on my Star Venture last time. Plenty of room and I thimk it makes speedo more accurate. Dennis Kirk had this tire for about $130 at the time. i have been getting between 8-10,000 miles on rear. Not good for a touring bike.

--

On one hand, if you are getting 75k (that's 75,000) miles on a tire, you ought to stick with it. On the other hand, if you mean you are only getting 7,500 miles, that's short. If you are heavy on the throttle, that's a penalty you have to pay. If you are interested in long mileage, the two solutions are go easy on the throttle and/or go Darkside. You can read the thread here on "Darksiding '18 Venture/Eluder" and check out the comments.

I have 18,000 miles on my rear Driveguard and will get another 10,000 miles, or so (can't measure right now) before down to replacement tread wear. It all depends on what you want from your bike.

--

• 2 weeks later...

The Shinko should be just as good as the Brickstone as far as mileage goes. Hopefully a few thousand more miles. I ran Shinko's on my RSV and had good results. I see the Dunlop has our size listed but at a much higher price. May try that one if not happy with miles on Shinko