IGNORED

Viet Nam - I Never Knew, Did You? - The Real Reason.

GolfVenture

I was a member of the last combat unit (operation Gimlet, 196 Infantry) that left VN in the fall of 72. I was in B 3/82 artillery and we fired the last U.S. artillery round on Aug. 10. We knew that the future was bleak for SVN after we left but our interest was in getting home after an 11 mo. deployment. Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

When I came home, I found that the enemy was me.

Randy

Definitely a sad state of affairs for those of you who fought for freedom. I get that a few nasty things may have occurred over there involving a few troops but to paint the entire American Military with a brush tainted by a few bad apples was just totally wrong but not surprising, As most things, the strongest sentiment, and criticism always comes from the narrow minded and those sitting in comfort furthest from the situation. How these second guessers, always seem to have the strongest influence on public opinion has always surprised and stumped me.

For all of you that gave up part of your life and to the families of those who gave up their entire life, Know that you have the utmost respect of this individual. If no one had stood up to the Nazi's in WWII and subsequent attempted invasions of communist forces were would the free world be today?

When I came home, I found that the enemy was me.

Randy

Definitely a sad state of affairs for those of you who fought for freedom. I get that a few nasty things may have occurred over there involving a few soldiers but to paint the entire group of Men and Women who served in the name of freedom, with a brush tainted by a few bad apples was just totally wrong but not surprising since as most things, the strongest sentiment, and criticism always comes from the narrow minded and those sitting in comfort furthest from the situation. And how these second guessers always seem to have the strongest influence on public opinion.

For all of you that gave up part of your life and to the families of those who gave up their entire life, Know that you have the utmost respect of this individual, who came from a family that was once occupied by the Nazi's. If no one had stood up to the Nazi's in WWII and subsequent attempted invasions of communist forces were would the free world be today?

Edited by saddlebum

One of the things I just could never understand is the attitude that academia has always had toward the military. If it were not for those that were willing to stand up and say NO, you are not going to take away our freedoms, there is no telling what evil dictator would be in control. How much academic freedom would there be under a severe dictator?

One of the things that we always have to keep in mind about being a soldier, somebody's gotta do it. There is no alternative.

Randy