IGNORED

Fuel filter change and relocation.

I enjoyed watching the video. [emoji2]. I currently have a purolator fuel filter. That NAPA 3001 you have is better, because it fits perfectly on the black rubber that holds the fuel filter. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest divey
I enjoyed watching the video. [emoji2]. I currently have a purolator fuel filter. That NAPA 3001 you have is better, because it fits perfectly on the black rubber that holds the fuel filter. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A word of caution. The NAPA fuel filter part number is 3011, not 3001 as stated here. 3001 is too fat and the inlet/outlet's are too small.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for this video and info on the NAPA filter.  I spent the better part of an hour repositioning the myriad hoses in that area from the rats nest they were (drove me crazy every time I looked at that) to make them more cleanly routed, freeing up enough space to put the filter in the hose area.   See attached photos.  A couple of key things to make this work: 

1. Remove the u-shaped hard rubber tube on the hose from the filter to the pump, this makes it easier to reroute it.
  2. Rotate that little black can, held on by the white p-clamp w/ the PIA screw/cap nut, ~45 degrees towards where the filter used to reside.
  3. loosen the hose clamp & rotate the pump hose going to filter ~180 degrees.  Its preformed to go down from the pump and you want it to go up and back.
  4. I had a good bit of extra hose length going from the tank to the filter and did not want to cut it, so basically had to snake it around a bit under the tank, making sure not to have any kinks. 

Its not currently secured in position w/ any zip ties but just a tight friction fit and the hoses sorta holding it in position.  I may take a second look at ensuring it cannot move and add some zip ties to be safe.

IMG_0958[1].JPG

IMG_0959[1].JPG

IMG_0960[1].JPG

Edited by circa1968
spelling
  • Like 1