IGNORED

Clutch problem??

Sometime back I developed a leak in my handlebar reservoir. I got help from all of you and replaced the seals, spring, etc.

My problem now is I still am losing fluid. With the bike seating, not running I have worked the clutch leave and do not see any fluid leaking. It appears to happen when I shift for a while. I took off the side cover and can see the slave but I don't see any fluid leaking. Can not find any wet areas on the clutch line.

I have 50000 miles on it, the last 10000 with a sidecar. Could the slave be leaking inside and I can not see it?

Thanks again,

labill

Indeed, the slave cylinder is leaking. I rebuilt mine, but a new one is under $100.00.

I want to say it only cost me around $65 with a little bit of internet shopping. I think the rebuild kit and hone would have cost me $45 but I'd still be dependent on my own abilities. $20 was worth the "guarantee" it would be replaced with a good working part. About an hour 1/2 to replace and bleed out, one difficult to access bolt but otherwise straight forward.