IGNORED

Ethanol free gas stations

saddlebum

Found this site that lists gas stations that supply ethonal free gas. At the bottom is a list of Abbreviations for both states and provinces. Click on your state or province for a list of stations that sell ethanol free gas.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp

Also check out

http://www.fuel-testers.com/state_guide_ethanol_laws.html

I have found Pure gas may not be totally up to date. So if your out on the road on a trip, you may not want to take that a gospel. For awhile here in my town they had like 4 stations listed, actually there was 2. But hey if your putting down miles, does it really matter if you burn thru a tank of E10? But is a handy app. In Oct when we were up in the mountians of NC and Ga the closest station was like 60 miles.

I have found Pure gas may not be totally up to date. So if your out on the road on a trip, you may not want to take that a gospel. For awhile here in my town they had like 4 stations listed, actually there was 2. But hey if your putting down miles, does it really matter if you burn thru a tank of E10? But is a handy app. In Oct when we were up in the mountians of NC and Ga the closest station was like 60 miles.
If its not up to date or in need of changes they give you the ability to update or correct any info regarding the list.

Here in the lower 48 "most" high octane IE 91 or better is usually ethanol free. When I traveled for work, it seemed the mid-west fuel was more likely to have ethanol added to higher octane fuels. Just checked gas buddy and one of the stations that has alcohol free reg gets as much for that as the "normal" stations I use get for high test. LOL Guess I'll have to check the pumps next time I go for the high test alcohol content if any.

Airports are a good place to get good gas. But they wont let you fill up your scoot. Marinas may be the same way if you can get to the pumps. There is no road tax on that fuel, much like farm fuel. Thats why "farm diesel" for instance is red not blue. I can buy "can gas" at the airport. I just tell them its for a race car. But storing fuel in gas cans at home is not preferable. I have not been to the gas station since last post to see if I misspoke.

Went to the shell here in Burlington Ontario and because the website I posted at the begining stated that this particular shell's 91 octane was ethanol free. Drove up to the pump and sure enough. According to the label on the pumps, Regular had 10% ethanol the mid grade had 5% and 91 Octane was ethanol free. Now on the not so good note it shared one hose for all three so if your filling a small Jerry can best to fill or run some gas into your truck/car tank first than move nozzle to the jerry can and fill it (For Petes sake Let go of the trigger before moving the nozzle from one to other).

We have 4 stations here with E-free. I can get 89-91-93 octane but only the 91 has a dedicated hose. The upside being when we put the bikes up it's usually only a couple weeks at a time so they don't set long at a time. I did 125 miles today with sun and 60*. The difference between winter riding and winterizing is great here.

If you have a Casey's general store in your area, their "premium" gas is ethanol free. but it's only 87 octane
I would love to get 87 octane that is ethanol free. Be cheaper than paying for 91 octane which is definitly not needed in our 1st and 2nd gens. I only put the 91 octane in the bike when storing it because it is the only one here that is ethanol free. but for the riding season I only run the 87 octane because unless you need Higher octane due to high compression and the resulting ignition ping why throw away your money. But since Ethanol absorbs water I prefer to avoid having it in my bike when its being stored over the winter.

I would love to get 87 octane that is ethanol free. Be cheaper than paying for 91 octane which is definitly not needed in our 1st and 2nd gens. I only put the 91 octane in the bike when storing it because it is the only one here that is ethanol free. but for the riding season I only run the 87 octane because unless you need Higher octane due to high compression and the resulting ignition ping why throw away your money. But since Ethanol absorbs water I prefer to avoid having it in my bike when its being stored over the winter.

there's one right down the street from me so that is what my bikes and lawn equipment get.