IGNORED

RSTD Shifter Issue

Hi guys,

So I have scoured the forum and can’t find anyone with this specific issue, but I also have trouble using the search function sometimes.

So here goes: this weekend I took the bike for a weekend camping trip and probably put about 600miles on it. Over the trip, I noticed that it got more and more difficult for the heel-toe shifter to bounce back after downshifting.

I can downshift once fine, but if I have to downshift multiple times (for example to come to a stop at a stoplight) I have to pull up slightly on the toe, or pressed down slightly on the heel each time. When I stopped at a gas station, I use my hand to press down the toe and it did not return up, but when I press down the heel, raising up the toe, it bounced right back.

I’m Not super tech savvy on this thing yet, is this a common problem? Is there a spring or something that I’m not seeing?

Help!

I had the same issue a few years ago. The issue on my bike was a bad seal where the shift shaft goes through the trans. The seal was binding on the shift shaft. I was leaking small amounts of oil also from that bad seal. My shifter got to the point I had to manually pull it back between shifts. Might want to check that out.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk