IGNORED

Polaris aint gonna like this,, Big Twin unit sales from 2014 to 2019 revealed!!

cowpuc

Polaris has long since been very tight lipped about actual unit sales of their bikes BUT,, this latest recall openly shows the number of units of Big Twins produced from 2014 to 2019 as just over 52000 units. Shown here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCLRPT-19V776-9381.PDF

If my math still works somewhat, that figures out to be about 10250 units per year.. Polaris closed their Victory after 18 years of production with 125000 units of production during that time stating the Victory just didnt produce sales enough to continue the line. Lets see,, 125000 divided by 18 = 7000ish per year.. That puts the average sales of the Indian brand up significantly from the Victory.. Thinking business thinking and future motorcycle predictions and all that,,, I am predicting that the Polaris Indian is going to make it!!

IMHO, another interesting point to ponder (if you are a lop eared pondering varmint like I am anyway,,, the rest of you varmints are probably wayyyy bored by now :missingtooth:) is the thought of how this all compares to the Indian brands number 1 competitor = HD... Figuring HD has been averaging well over 200000 units of their Big Twin models per year during that same time period (well into the 240's if you include the non Big Twin models) that would give HD 1 million units sold during the same time frame as Indians 52000 units or,, stated another way,, this would show Polaris Indian Big Twin at 5.2 percent of HD's Big Twin sales since Polaris introed the their version of the Indian..

Is that enough to actually make the folks at HD know that Polaris exists,, :think:,,, I think so,, I certainly hope so cause THAT would mean good things to come for us consumers because in a Capitalistic society such as ours,, competition has a way of doing just that :happy34:

I gotta go take some Excedrin for a headache now :happy65:

Pucster,

Thanks for all that cipherin that we didn't have to do. You Da Man!!!

Polaris has a bike habit that I would bet they support with their sales of side by sides, and 4 wheelers. They sell a bazillion of those each year.

Like you said, I'm glad they're in the market, and taking a whack at the establishment. It only makes for great products for us all to choose from across all brands.

Big Lenny