IGNORED

multiple two way radios using one headset?

flynvy5

hey guys,

I'm thinking about adding another two way radio to the bike. I was wondering if anyone had made up a cable to go from the headset plug to a kenwood style 2 pin for a two way radio. i think i have an idea on the connection if i were to create a din to din cable then y it off to the kenwood plug with the ptt i should be able to choose what radio i transmit on based on what ptt i use right?

I'm thinking they would be isolated via separate ptt just using the same headset and mic. I would be able to monitor two radios but only transmit on one at a time depending on what ptt I used. I may be incorrect but figured I'd ask

I have a buddy who uses some kind of a mixer unit. In the tank bag of his CBR, plugs in his phone, gps unit, and a handheld cb with a remote PTT on the handlebar. The box priorities. The highest level connection receiving a signal is the one that gets connected to the speakers. It just send the mic output to all units all the time. But if he is on the phone, the CB will not transmit unless he hits the PTT. Not sure what brand it is.