IGNORED

Burlington Ontario 9th Annual M&E 2020

saddlebum

Once again on January 4th 2020 @ 6:30 PM, I would like to put together a Meet and Eat here in Burlington Ontario, making this the 9th annual meet and eat. As in previous years this is the weekend of the NORTH AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE SUPER SHOW, which is a three day event here in Toronto Ontario.

Click on this link for more info SUPERSHOW - North America's Largest Motorcycle Show .

The place I have in mind will again be at TUCKERS MARKET PLACE in Burlington Ontario. https://tuckers.ca/ . Which is about 25 minutes from the motorcycle show.

And you American member's get to work on your passports so you can join us Canucks.

NOTE!! Dinner time posted is an approximate time based on previous years. Time should remain the same same but could vary by a half hour or so depending on their time frame when reservations are made. I will post exact details once I make reservations later in the year.

PLEASE RSVP ON CALENDAR ASAP https://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=520&day=2020-1-4&c=1

Edited by Marcarl

• 1 month later...

Glad that you and Elaine had a great time sailur. I always have a great time myself, seeing all the faces that were able to make it. I enjoy meeting new faces and I miss seeing some of the old faces that have been in the past and we're unable to make it this time for various reasons. It does seem to get a little smaller each year but still always a great get together just the same.

A final note, thanks to everyone who managed to make it and help to make it a great evening.

Edited by saddlebum

Had a great time, even if I had to sit beside the Bummer. Thanks Ben for setting this up. Marca was not all that happy about having to stay at home,,, but hey, somebody had to watch the livestock eh?

In attendance were:

Evan and Anne

Wayne and Robin

Thomas and Sally and grand daughter

Abdul

Carl

Andrew and Elaine

Mike and Tammie

Corry

Ben

Dave the dogman

And the waitress, who didn't get any hugs at all that I noticed.

Turns out that Elaine (her first time out) is a really good hugger and voted to be invited again.

Had a great time, even if I had to sit beside the Bummer. Thanks Ben for setting this up. Marca was not all that happy about having to stay at home,,, but hey, somebody had to watch the livestock eh?

:think: As far as I know the only livestock you have is a single cat. You planning to fatten it up to make your own Chinese food. :witch_brew:

Ben, as others had said a very good evening with fellow VR friends.

I have to apologize, I did not get to introduce myself to Andrew and Elaine, I will do my best not to let that happen at another VR gathering.

Thanks for organizing this event again. Your a good man.

I hope your knee keeps improving for you.

Dog man,

Elaine said sorry for not getting your hugs in, but be we will be looking forward towards meeting up with you and are VR friends this coming year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hugged both Dave and Elaine, and don't get awfully upset when I say that Elaine hugs much better,,,, @dogman is not bad at it mind you, but has a long way to go to get as good as Elaine. And just so there is not question on partiality, Sally hugs better than @saddlebum.

• 11 months later...

Seems like you might be right, we could meet at MikeyDees though and greet each other on a one to one basis outside. Tuckers has closed it's doors and out of business, so next time everything will be different anyways. Gonna miss this time together,,, bummer!!

• Like 1

Yes I regretfully did not organize one this because of covid. Its a shame too because it would have been our 10th annual meet and eat (or eat and meat) how ever you prefer to look at it. A decade of getting together to kick off the new year. I always enjoyed putting this together too renew old friendships and make new ones and to put faces to members on the site that would have been able to attend.

Hopefully everyone has a happy safe and healthy new year and looking forward to when we can again get back to normal.:banana:

Oh yeh, I feel specially sad :backinmyday:  for the female members who will be missing out on my award winning world famous hugs. :bighug:

@BIG TOM will be happy.....He won't have to struggle with coming up with some lame excuse for not attending :stickpoke:    :canada::canada::canada:

And poor @Marcarlall that jabbering building up inside him and no audience :soapbox:.......:fiddle:

Edited by saddlebum

Do you not worry none about @BIG TOM, he has no problem identifying a new excuse, or just to come up with an already used one.

Me,, now,, on the other hand, I'm normally a quiet sort of a guy, never saying too much and usually just enough to spark interest in the rest of my buried treasure trove of knowledge and input. But don't you worry about that either, my dear friend, it will keep just fine in the far reaches of the storage area.

56 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

Do you not worry none about @BIG TOM, he has no problem identifying a new excuse, or just to come up with an already used one.

Me,, now,, on the other hand, I'm normally a quiet sort of a guy, never saying too much and usually just enough to spark interest in the rest of my buried treasure trove of knowledge and input. But don't you worry about that either, my dear friend, it will keep just fine in the far reaches of the storage area.

:rotf::rotfl:

22 hours ago, BIG TOM said:

Ain't  nutten up thar I need to see...Don't  need no excuse..

So when WAS the last time you was north of the border,,, if the stories are correct, y'all tried back in 1812, but didn't quite make it,, can't blame you for not trying it once again,, must of hurt some awful!!!

If I can recall correctly, I believe it was 1976. Went up to the Skyline towers for an anniversary dinner. Paid an outragous price for dinner that tasted like cardboard without any seasoning.  Came back to the USA and stopped at McDonalds to get the bad taste out of our mouths...  True story.....you asked !!!! STILL LOVE YOU GUYS....LOL

2 hours ago, BIG TOM said:

If I can recall correctly, I believe it was 1976. Went up to the Skyline towers for an anniversary dinner. Paid an outragous price for dinner that tasted like cardboard without any seasoning.  Came back to the USA and stopped at McDonalds to get the bad taste out of our mouths...  True story.....you asked !!!! STILL LOVE YOU GUYS....LOL

No wonder you were left with a bad taste in your mouth, don't know of any place that is or was called Skyline towers,,, maybe it was American owned????