IGNORED

Cruise control/ gear indicator

When I picked up my bike yesterday, the gear indicator was working but both times today when I took it out it did not work.

Also when I tried to set the cruise control it would turn on, but I could not set the cruise.

I don’t know if the two are related. I did see there is a fuse for the cruise control, but since it turns on I don’t think it is the fuse.

Still searching the manual but if anyone has some suggestions, they would be welcome.

Thanks,

Eric

• Like 1

When I picked up my bike yesterday, the gear indicator was working but both times today when I took it out it did not work.

As in just bought a brand new bike and the thing doesnt work?

Also when I tried to set the cruise control it would turn on, but I could not set the cruise.

I don’t know if the two are related. I did see there is a fuse for the cruise control, but since it turns on I don’t think it is the fuse.

Still searching the manual but if anyone has some suggestions, they would be welcome.

Thanks,

I'm lost on the 18's but I would give a call to the dealer. Probably a wire unplugged somewhere.

As in just bought a brand new bike and the thing doesnt work?

I'm lost on the 18's but I would give a call to the dealer. Probably a wire unplugged somewhere.

Yes, from the dealer, had 34 miles on it. Indicator worked when I was driving it around the parking lot.

IMG_3047.jpeg

I did some checking on the clutch lever and found a push button switch to be out of alignment. (see pic 1) I put it back into position and it now works. (see pic 2). I have both the gear indication and the cruise control working. Thanks for all the advice, it helped steer me in the right direction.

IMG_3048.jpeg

Edited by ecbaatz

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117959

I did some checking on the clutch lever and found a push button switch to be out of alignment. (see pic 1) I put it back into position and it now works. (see pic 2). I have both the gear indication and the cruise control working. Thanks for all the advice, it helped steer me in the right direction.

This should be made into a "Sticky" in the -Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY-

I'm glad your problem was an easy fix. I had the same problem, but it was a defective front brake lever switch. Not only was the cruise control not working, the rear brake light remained on. I took it to Mukwonago Yamaha ( I have to give Rick props for knowing the most up to date issues on the 2018 Venture) & they said Yamaha knew of the problem. The part was back ordered, but Rick expedited the part and had me riding safely in two weeks.