IGNORED

No power to iPhone

I just purchased the 2018 SVTC and was checking things out. I can get it to play play music from my iphone X from the right-hand front pocket but I have no indication that it is charging on the phone.

Per Yamaha info:

Standard Charging Ports

Keep your devices charged up thanks to USB ports in the locking right side fairing compartment up front and the rear tour trunk.

it is suppose to charge.

Am I missing something?

Eric

Just went out and tested mine. It charges only when the key is in the "ON" position. Once I turn it off, it charges for a minute or so and then stops.

One other thing. Once you turn the key on, it doesn't start charging immediately. It appears that the infotainment center has to go through at least part of it's startup before it starts charging.

Edited by Freebird

Just went out and tested mine. It charges only when the key is in the "ON" position. Once I turn it off, it charges for a minute or so and then stops.

One other thing. Once you turn the key on, it doesn't start charging immediately. It appears that the infotainment center has to go through at least part of it's startup before it starts charging.

Thanks, thought I tried with it on and in accessory. Will check it again this morning. Could also be the cord I was using so will try another cord. Hope it isn’t the fuse.

Eric