IGNORED

New Toy

CaseyJ955

I've been trying to sell my rock crawling Samurai for a while, never the right buyer. This guy tried to trade me a Harley for it, while I would take a pan or knuck, or most things non-sportster and pre-evo. If I were to take an HD it would have to be one from an era before the culture got so watered down. I mentioned that I would also consider Euro or Jap bike so he offered up a 2009 GSXR1000 in immaculate condition with 14k on the clock. I had to sweeten the deal a little with a boomstick but even though it's a 10 year old bike it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. It has a Powercomander V, Racefit exhaust, some adjustable shorty levers, a DJ tune something or other, Fender delete, upgraded steering dampener, upgraded intake and some other goodies. Just moving it into the garage made my palms sweat.

There is snow, and I could not actually ride it but when it ticked over the hair on the back of my neck stood up. It's obviously been pampered and loved, never down or abused. I'm not sure why I figure I'd need a bike like this at my age, I spect' the seller was not lying when he said it is a terrifying machine. I will probably ride it a few times and put it up for sale/trade, we'll see how the first ride on the spring goes. Aside from removal of a few decals I dont spect' I'll do a darn thing to it.

Puc is a few days older than me and he got an R1 awhile back IIRC, so maybe it'll be okay :beer:.

Counting the days until spring!!!:7_6_2[1]:

sidesmall.jpg

Frontsmall.jpg

Niiiiice Tony! Remember you’re not 18 anymore though, lol 😂. Doug

If I had this bike when I was 18 I would most likely not be posting this today :biker:. I was completely invincible until age 25. At 50 I realize my mortality and have a ton of respect for what liter sport bikes have become.

If it doesn't terrify me I'll probably keep it, if it does I'll find some other maniac to trade/sell it off to haha. Just by riding it into the garage I can feel how wicked it is. I've always wanted something like this, I'll bet it's a bit more than I need though.

I love those kind of bikes. The riding position kills me. To old.

I suspect it might be the same for me, it's clearly not made for the long haul. I'll see if I can stand it for an afternoon. I see they have the cruising range of a Vmax that runs to rich.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been trying to sell my rock crawling Samurai for a while, never the right buyer. This guy tried to trade me a Harley for it, while I would take a pan or knuck, or most things non-sportster and pre-evo. If I were to take an HD it would have to be one from an era before the culture got so watered down. I mentioned that I would also consider Euro or Jap bike so he offered up a 2009 GSXR1000 in immaculate condition with 14k on the clock. I had to sweeten the deal a little with a boomstick but even though it's a 10 year old bike it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. It has a Powercomander V, Racefit exhaust, some adjustable shorty levers, a DJ tune something or other, Fender delete, upgraded steering dampener, upgraded intake and some other goodies. Just moving it into the garage made my palms sweat.

There is snow, and I could not actually ride it but when it ticked over the hair on the back of my neck stood up. It's obviously been pampered and loved, never down or abused. I'm not sure why I figure I'd need a bike like this at my age, I spect' the seller was not lying when he said it is a terrifying machine. I will probably ride it a few times and put it up for sale/trade, we'll see how the first ride on the spring goes. Aside from removal of a few decals I dont spect' I'll do a darn thing to it.

Puc is a few days older than me and he got an R1 awhile back IIRC, so maybe it'll be okay :beer:.

Counting the days until spring!!!:7_6_2[1]:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - she is GORGEOUS Casey = a MAJOR :ice_congrats-vi6886 upon you!! Oh yeah,,, it WILL be OK brother!! Just lots and lots of respect being paid to it and believe me - it will be wayyy more than OK!!! IMHO,, owning/riding a full blown Liter bike is like having your very own World Class Roller Coaster of your very own.. It's also really fun having one of the fastest production vehicles produced and being able to enter triple digits in 1st Gear with the feeling of entering warp speed aint half bad either = BAD TO THE BONE.. Throttle control my friend,, its all about throttle control :bikersmilie:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - she is GORGEOUS Casey = a MAJOR :ice_congrats-vi6886 upon you!! Oh yeah,,, it WILL be OK brother!! Just lots and lots of respect being paid to it and believe me - it will be wayyy more than OK!!! IMHO,, owning/riding a full blown Liter bike is like having your very own World Class Roller Coaster of your very own.. It's also really fun having one of the fastest production vehicles produced and being able to enter triple digits in 1st Gear with the feeling of entering warp speed aint half bad either = BAD TO THE BONE.. Throttle control my friend,, its all about throttle control :bikersmilie:

Thanks man, this bike gives me a measure of respect just standing next to it. I got 7" of fresh powder yesterday so I wont even get to touch it for a while now. I've turned away a couple compelling trades so far because I want to ride it and experience it before I decide what comes next. I've put out a couple feelers on trading for a Busa. I do have this fear of not wanting to move it along when it's time. I dont have to sell or trade it off. I've read that this particular liter bike has fantastic road manners so if I can stay in the saddle for ~3-4 hours a day then it may be a keeper. It feels like sitting on a CBR600 or something smaller. I threw a leg over a Gen2 Busa and I liked that, A LOT!

Do you get many miles on your R1, you maniac :superman: haha?

Thanks man, this bike gives me a measure of respect just standing next to it. I got 7" of fresh powder yesterday so I wont even get to touch it for a while now. I've turned away a couple compelling trades so far because I want to ride it and experience it before I decide what comes next. I've put out a couple feelers on trading for a Busa. I do have this fear of not wanting to move it along when it's time. I dont have to sell or trade it off. I've read that this particular liter bike has fantastic road manners so if I can stay in the saddle for ~3-4 hours a day then it may be a keeper. It feels like sitting on a CBR600 or something smaller. I threw a leg over a Gen2 Busa and I liked that, A LOT!

Do you get many miles on your R1, you maniac :superman: haha?

Very very few actually (just under 7 thousand that I personally have put on her).. Maggie (my R1) is relegated to her own "private track" as its just wayyy to easy to get in trouble on her... Our local police have given me a couple "breaks" and asked me to keep her "out of town" :missingtooth:... Wanna hear a story about that? Thought you would :big-grin-emoticon:..

So my buddy on his Sportster and I on Maggie were out playing around.. The Shell station where I buy gas from sits on top of a hill with nothing but the drive way for a Mr Quicks resturant drive way between the Shell Stations drive way and the apex of the hill,, then a nice longggg drop of pavement with a stop light at the bottom where we turn towards our home(s) on the lakeshore.. Traffic clears,, my buddy on his sporty takes off in race mode,, I could hear him running thru the gears going down the hill.. I turned out of the driveway at Shell,, went braapppp and pulled Maggies clutch in from 1st gear and started coasting down the hill.. About 3/4 of the way down I noticed a Police Officer sitting at the stop light at the bottom and noticed him not moving with the rest of the traffic as it pulled forward :missingtooth:.. I figured for sure he was after my bud and I would non shellontly putt by as he pulled my buddy over,,,,,, ahhh oh,,, not so fast,,, he let my buddy go by and was obviously waiting patiently for yours truely.. His lights came on as I rounded the corner... When he approached Maggie, he said "I had your buddy at 55 in a 30 but you I had at 62 in a 30 on that hill top :scared:... As he was balling me out, asking the usual questions,, I was removing my helmet - when I pulled it from my head he about FELL OVER!! His words "I was TOTALLY expecting to see the face of some young kid buried under there",, then asked what my "story" was... I openly told him about Maggie being my "bucket list bike" and some of the health reasons that brought her into my possestion.. He listened carefully as I finished and also as I told him that Tippy would have a great big :big-grin-emoticon: on her face when she came to lock up to bail me out and that Maggie would be going to a new home :big-grin-emoticon:.. Ironically,, the Officer turned out to be a fellow biker who also had watched the movie "Second Hand Lions" = looked me right square in the eyes and remarkably said "I get it".. Before he let me go though he asked me to PLEASE keep Maggie near home on her "private track" roadway farr away from town so I dont hurt anybody if I do go down and to PLEASE watch out for Red Barns (you will have to watch Second Hand Lions to get that one :missingtooth:).. I am SOOOO glad that I took the time in my life to own such a remarkable machine Casey.. My health has steadily been deteriorating and has gotten to the point that I probably will be looking for a new home for Maggie this Spring,, things are not like they used to be in balance and judgement - it's an aging thing for most people - I think..

Mags and I did have a LOT of fun though, even though our area is no where near as "open" as I KNOW your area is.. 200ish mph runs with any form of real safety is an issue around here,, wayyy to much forest and inhabitants.. Always wanted to play the Bonneville game on her,, I KNOW for a fact that she is completely capable of bouncing the rev limiter in 6th gear (remarkable machine these Liter bikes are) but have never done it. I think, and this is just my opinion, if I lived in your neck of the woods,, knowing it like I do,, I DEFINITELY would have proven that fact. Soooo many amazing open run areas out there,, perfect for an angel flying to close to the ground :big-grin-emoticon:..

As you know,, as you, I too have been there with the V-Max.. NICE scoots that I LOVE the performance of.. The neat thing about the Liter bike (and especially your Gixxer - Maggie is an old under powered carbed model of an R1 = EXACTLY what I was looking for but DEFINITELY not a modern day Gixxer of a Liter bike) world is where the V-Max runs out of steam,, that Gixxer will just begin to dance :big-grin-emoticon:..

Personally brother,, there is NO WAY on God's green earth I would sell that sweetheart of a machine if I were you until I had a chance to be her dance partner a time or two :dancefool::dancefool:

Very very few actually (just under 7 thousand that I personally have put on her).. Maggie (my R1) is relegated to her own "private track" as its just wayyy to easy to get in trouble on her... Our local police have given me a couple "breaks" and asked me to keep her "out of town" :missingtooth:... Wanna hear a story about that? Thought you would :big-grin-emoticon:..

So my buddy on his Sportster and I on Maggie were out playing around.. The Shell station where I buy gas from sits on top of a hill with nothing but the drive way for a Mr Quicks resturant drive way between the Shell Stations drive way and the apex of the hill,, then a nice longggg drop of pavement with a stop light at the bottom where we turn towards our home(s) on the lakeshore.. Traffic clears,, my buddy on his sporty takes off in race mode,, I could hear him running thru the gears going down the hill.. I turned out of the driveway at Shell,, went braapppp and pulled Maggies clutch in from 1st gear and started coasting down the hill.. About 3/4 of the way down I noticed a Police Officer sitting at the stop light at the bottom and noticed him not moving with the rest of the traffic as it pulled forward :missingtooth:.. I figured for sure he was after my bud and I would non shellontly putt by as he pulled my buddy over,,,,,, ahhh oh,,, not so fast,,, he let my buddy go by and was obviously waiting patiently for yours truely.. His lights came on as I rounded the corner... When he approached Maggie, he said "I had your buddy at 55 in a 30 but you I had at 62 in a 30 on that hill top :scared:... As he was balling me out, asking the usual questions,, I was removing my helmet - when I pulled it from my head he about FELL OVER!! His words "I was TOTALLY expecting to see the face of some young kid buried under there",, then asked what my "story" was... I openly told him about Maggie being my "bucket list bike" and some of the health reasons that brought her into my possestion.. He listened carefully as I finished and also as I told him that Tippy would have a great big :big-grin-emoticon: on her face when she came to lock up to bail me out and that Maggie would be going to a new home :big-grin-emoticon:.. Ironically,, the Officer turned out to be a fellow biker who also had watched the movie "Second Hand Lions" = looked me right square in the eyes and remarkably said "I get it".. Before he let me go though he asked me to PLEASE keep Maggie near home on her "private track" roadway farr away from town so I dont hurt anybody if I do go down and to PLEASE watch out for Red Barns (you will have to watch Second Hand Lions to get that one :missingtooth:).. I am SOOOO glad that I took the time in my life to own such a remarkable machine Casey.. My health has steadily been deteriorating and has gotten to the point that I probably will be looking for a new home for Maggie this Spring,, things are not like they used to be in balance and judgement - it's an aging thing for most people - I think..

Mags and I did have a LOT of fun though, even though our area is no where near as "open" as I KNOW your area is.. 200ish mph runs with any form of real safety is an issue around here,, wayyy to much forest and inhabitants.. Always wanted to play the Bonneville game on her,, I KNOW for a fact that she is completely capable of bouncing the rev limiter in 6th gear (remarkable machine these Liter bikes are) but have never done it. I think, and this is just my opinion, if I lived in your neck of the woods,, knowing it like I do,, I DEFINITELY would have proven that fact. Soooo many amazing open run areas out there,, perfect for an angel flying to close to the ground :big-grin-emoticon:..

As you know,, as you, I too have been there with the V-Max.. NICE scoots that I LOVE the performance of.. The neat thing about the Liter bike (and especially your Gixxer - Maggie is an old under powered carbed model of an R1 = EXACTLY what I was looking for but DEFINITELY not a modern day Gixxer of a Liter bike) world is where the V-Max runs out of steam,, that Gixxer will just begin to dance :big-grin-emoticon:..

Personally brother,, there is NO WAY on God's green earth I would sell that sweetheart of a machine if I were you until I had a chance to be her dance partner a time or two :dancefool::dancefool:

great vid!! Great story!!

Oh buddy, we're definitely going to dance a time or two! Of that you can be sure!

I'm told they pull viciously to the 14K redline in any gear, even stock. I know where the roads are where I can tap into her a little bit without risk of arrest or traffic. I somehow doubt I'll be hitting the rev limiter in 6th, those are go-to-jail speeds. I think this is one of those things I'm going to enjoy for a bit then move her along to some other insane person before I get my license revoked.

In any event it will be a blast to experience it, even while using restraint.

Ya ever got a ticket on that thing?

great vid!! Great story!!

Oh buddy, we're definitely going to dance a time or two! Of that you can be sure!

I'm told they pull viciously to the 14K redline in any gear, even stock. I know where the roads are where I can tap into her a little bit without risk of arrest or traffic. I somehow doubt I'll be hitting the rev limiter in 6th, those are go-to-jail speeds. I think this is one of those things I'm going to enjoy for a bit then move her along to some other insane person before I get my license revoked.

In any event it will be a blast to experience it, even while using restraint.

Ya ever got a ticket on that thing?

Not yet :missingtooth:

My health has steadily been deteriorating and has gotten to the point that I probably will be looking for a new home for Maggie this Spring,, things are not like they used to be in balance and judgement - it's an aging thing for most people - I think.. ..

Personally brother,, there is NO WAY on God's green earth I would sell that sweetheart of a machine if I were you until I had a chance to be her dance partner a time or two

You're not alone there Mr Puc.... Old age takes it's toll and there ain't nothin' we can do about it.... :think: We ain't immortal any more... :backinmyday: