IGNORED

Road king mufflers

Thanks, has anyone tried using the two left hand non Cat mufflers together without the Cats? I ask because I was given a set of 07 mufflers. One is a Cat muffler the other left side is not. 65538-07 left muffler has no cat? 65538_07 right has a Cat. I'm only going by looking at them. I think I know where there is another set. Or would the 65538-95 and 65539-95 be better mufflers? Anyone know the difference? Just looking for a bit deeper tone and a bit more rumble without getting loud.

Look on Craigslist or FB in your area for 2011 on up mufflers. I believe it was 2010 when they placed the catalytic converter in the headers instead of the mufflers. You also can usually pick up a pair at a local independent Harley shop and usually for real cheap. And if you want them a little louder and rumblier (is that a word?), you can drill out the plugs with a hole saw like I did.

Back to your original question... Yes, you could use 2 left ones from an 06 if you have access to them.

Thanks, has anyone tried using the two left hand non Cat mufflers together without the Cats? Just looking for a bit deeper tone and a bit more rumble without getting loud.

i am running with two left mufflers. There is a slight depression on the one on the right side but one has to really look hard to see it once it is installed. It’s a clearance resessed area. I think they sound good.

I had a set from a 2010? Road King given to me. The right one had the cat so I bought another left one on eBay for less than $20.

No need to modify, drill etc. Rid some longer rides with them like 4-6 hours before you decide to mess with them. I put mine on and around town and for say 2 hours I didnt mind them. Then I took a 3500 mile trip with a couple of 500+ days and the sound got to me. Lucky I had some ear buds with me to plug in and it helped knock out the sound. Now even though I'm on a different bike I still use ear plugs/buds