IGNORED

Night riding illumination for switches.

MyEluder

Hi everybody, this looks like my first post... I noticed on my first night ride last night on my new Eluder that the switches, turn signal, infotainment system, etc. was not lit up on my handlebars. Well, it truly bugged me...so I instantly made some quick modifications; but I am not too happy with Yamaha's handlebar lighting efforts. Honda Goldwing is incredible with their handlebar lighting arrangement.

20191025_224031-800x800.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, Freebird said:

I actually agree with you. That is one thing that they could have done a much better job with. Maybe it will be better when I get REALLY familiar with them but there are a lot of switches to remember without any lighting.

To some extent, I have already come to terms with the fact that each manufacturer may have its own shortcomings, so I try to choose equipment and transport based on problem areas, or rather, I try to analyze in advance how much discomfort this or that flaw will cause me.

• 2 months later...

Have never had a problem locating switches on this bike. May have taken a few rides to get switch positions memorized, but why would I want to take my eyes off the road ESPECIALLY at night to look for a button?? Wouldn’t it be safer to just know where they’re at?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...