IGNORED

TAB Exhaust Review

Quick review on TAB B.A.M. stick slip-on exhaust.

Not that the stock exhaust doesn't already sound great, I was looking for a little bit more....something.... and these certainly have it!

As far as I know, currently this is the only option if you want to go aftermarket. Fortunately, TAB is a well-known company, great products, excellent customer support offering a few choices for Eluder and Venture owners.

I went with the powder coated black mufflers with slash cut tips. Install took less than an hour and I'm thrilled with the results.

I opted for the 1.75 baffles which is their quietest option. I almost chose the 2.5 baffles...I'm glad I went with the quieter ones. They are definitely louder than stock, I love the way it sounds and I'll probably leave the quieter baffles in the pipes.

That said, you just can't go wrong with this product whether you choose the quietest or the loudest baffle option. I think you'll be very happy with the overall quality, ease of installation and especially SOUND if you're looking for something a little louder. It's crisper, deeper and much more authoritative than stock.

TAB has a couple videos on their website dedicated to the Venture/Eluder, one for installation and another for choosing the correct baffle for your riding style. Check it out.

Screenshot_20191025-150013_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191025-145842_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191025-145928_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191025-145946_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191025-145745_Gallery.jpg

I installed the 1.75 pipes on my bike and they are great. I thought they might be a little to loud but they are just fine. I also purchased the P C 5 from them as well and after installation had the bike put on a dyno and picked up 8 HP. The extra power was worth the money. I would give the package an A.

Trapper

I installed the 1.75 pipes on my bike and they are great. I thought they might be a little to loud but they are just fine. I also purchased the P C 5 from them as well and after installation had the bike put on a dyno and picked up 8 HP. The extra power was worth the money. I would give the package an A.

Trapper

About your PC 5 install, any info about raising the RPM limit?

DynoJet website says:

"You can get 500 RPM more than stock just by checking the box and enabling the Rev X-tend feature from the software. Some Fuel and Ignition PC5 units that have a pre-configured Rev X-tend feature that gives 500 RPM more than stock include units for Harley Davidson, Victory motorcycles, and many Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki , and Suzuki models that only have only one or two cylinders."

Just curious.

About your PC 5 install, any info about raising the RPM limit?

DynoJet website says:

"You can get 500 RPM more than stock just by checking the box and enabling the Rev X-tend feature from the software. Some Fuel and Ignition PC5 units that have a pre-configured Rev X-tend feature that gives 500 RPM more than stock include units for Harley Davidson, Victory motorcycles, and many Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki , and Suzuki models that only have only one or two cylinders."

Just curious.

That is great to know I will have to check into it. I just had it installed and took it to the Dyno shop. The bike could sure use the Extra RMP but I haven't pressed since I had the PC5 installed. I will look into it and get back with any information I can find.

Trapper

There is no adjustment for the rev limiter on the model for the Star Venture or Eluder. I have talked to them twice. First I was told that you could. Then I got into a conversation with a very knowledgable guy that assured me it was possible so I called them again. It was then confirmed that for our model, there is NO adjustment for the rev limiter. It is a can-bus system and not possible with this unit. It is a fuel management system only. Disappointing.

There is no adjustment for the rev limiter on the model for the Star Venture or Eluder. I have talked to them twice. First I was told that you could. Then I got into a conversation with a very knowledgable guy that assured me it was possible so I called them again. It was then confirmed that for our model, there is NO adjustment for the rev limiter. It is a can-bus system and not possible with this unit. It is a fuel management system only. Disappointing.

Yes, that's too bad. It would be great to increase the rev limit by 500 rpm.

Well, I guess it's a good thing the (claimed) 126 lb/ft of torque comes in at a super low 2500 rpm.

I bet the extra hp comes in handy, generally speaking I like PCs. Admittedly, one of the things I love about the Venture/Eluder is that it runs AWESOME without an aftermarket fuel manager, so the PC5 is mostly a performance mod.

Once I get loaded up on the other accessories I've been eyeing, I may take a second look into at PC5.

Thanks for the info!