IGNORED

DOT tire codes that I haven't seen before

Beau-Kat

I took a couple Dunlops off a customer's Shadow a while back and installed some new Commander IIs.

I still haven't gotten around to taking the Dunlops to the dump yet.

So today, I was trying to see what the date of manufacture was and ran into date codes I don't remember seeing before.

So y'all take a whack a deciphering these for me.

Front Dunlop F-24 stamping says:

Dot EUM5 and following that (in the oval) is LD4058

Rear Dunlop D404 stamping says:

DOT EUXD and following that (in the oval) is LD7058

When do y'all think they were made?

Those are either pre year 2000 tires or there is another oval after the one you're reading from that has the date code.

Could be pre-2000. But I think (via internet searching) those may have only had 3 letters in the oval.

i can’t find any other oval anywhere near the dot stamp.

I have seen that LD code on tires before but there was always still a date code which consists of three digits pre 2000 EG: 408 meaning the 40th week of 1998 and 4 digits post 2000 EG: 3208 meaning the 32nd week of 2008. I have sort of assumed that the LD code with 4 digits was either a manufacturing plant identifier or a batch number identifier. Look for 4 numbers branded into the tire rather than molded on the tire.

Edited by saddlebum

How about a picture of the entire DOT code along with the one you are talking about?

:worthless:

I’ve attached two photos. The third one won’t upload for some reason, it it says this in a small lightly stamped oval in the other sidewalk: 564.

703F50DF-FFD5-4563-AB19-87240762F955.jpg

9BA8D8CA-0AD0-48FE-ABEA-26EE866E987C.jpg