IGNORED

Gen 3 - Five Months In

OK

I have had my 2018 TC for 5 months today. I am really enjoying this bike.

I have mentioned my dislike for the GPS. That still stands. I have been saving location on a flash drive that i keep plugged in. It is what it is.

With the exception of getting stuck in traffic in some 90+ degree days. The heat off the engine has not been that bad. Opening the lower vents helps with the heat. even when closed not horrible.

I like the 6 speed transmission having power in every gear when i want to accelerate. I wish the rev limiter was a bit higher. I have hit it more time than I can remember. I have adjusted to it. If I can just break the habit of running in 4th gear all the time. My Gen 2 i ran in 4th all day.

The 200 mile range on a tank is just sweet.

The seat has been comfortable I see no reason to replace it. My RSTD and 00 Venture both stock seats were not to my liking.

Robin has made good use of the heated seats and loves them. I did use the heated grips recently. On high without gloves they are hot. I look forward to riding this winter just to try it all out.

The bike handles real nice on sweepers and twisty roads. I have scrapped a few times leaning it. I did notice a skid plate on the driver footrest. I took it as a challenge. Joking aside. The bike is a pleasure to run on any roads. You can just push it through a turn

Power yes. The bike can get off the start very well

I enjoy the Sirius XM - 1. I hate to many commercials 2. It saves me the trouble of always looking for a station when traveling. Being able to plug in a flash drive full of MP3's is nice.

I have not use the CB or headsets yet. I have not switched them from my old helmet.

Pretty much from the moment I pull it out of the garage until I pull it back in. This is a pleasure to ride

Ride Safe and Have fun out there

There are truly a lot of good things about the SVTC that the 2nd Gens do not have and whole lot more. There are also a lot of problems that I've read about on this forum that I think are pretty minor in nature and it is something that can be fixed. Overall, I am giving the '18 SVTC a :happy34::happy34:.

OK

I have had my 2018 TC for 5 months today. I am really enjoying this bike.

I have mentioned my dislike for the GPS. That still stands. I have been saving location on a flash drive that i keep plugged in. It is what it is.

With the exception of getting stuck in traffic in some 90+ degree days. The heat off the engine has not been that bad. Opening the lower vents helps with the heat. even when closed not horrible.

I like the 6 speed transmission having power in every gear when i want to accelerate. I wish the rev limiter was a bit higher. I have hit it more time than I can remember. I have adjusted to it. If I can just break the habit of running in 4th gear all the time. My Gen 2 i ran in 4th all day.

The 200 mile range on a tank is just sweet.

The seat has been comfortable I see no reason to replace it. My RSTD and 00 Venture both stock seats were not to my liking.

Robin has made good use of the heated seats and loves them. I did use the heated grips recently. On high without gloves they are hot. I look forward to riding this winter just to try it all out.

The bike handles real nice on sweepers and twisty roads. I have scrapped a few times leaning it. I did notice a skid plate on the driver footrest. I took it as a challenge. Joking aside. The bike is a pleasure to run on any roads. You can just push it through a turn

Power yes. The bike can get off the start very well

I enjoy the Sirius XM - 1. I hate to many commercials 2. It saves me the trouble of always looking for a station when traveling. Being able to plug in a flash drive full of MP3's is nice.

I have not use the CB or headsets yet. I have not switched them from my old helmet.

Pretty much from the moment I pull it out of the garage until I pull it back in. This is a pleasure to ride

Ride Safe and Have fun out there

Thanks, a great updated Dave. I'm glad you are enjoying the ride.

Are you towing your trailer as with your new bike?

Thanks, a great updated Dave. I'm glad you are enjoying the ride.

Are you towing your trailer as with your new bike?

I have not pulled the camper with it yet. Sad thing, The camper has not been out one time this year.

I have the hitch installed .I need to find a wire harness for the lighting. Plug and Play. I am not good at wiring that stuff.

I have not pulled the camper with it yet. Sad thing, The camper has not been out one time this year.

I have the hitch installed .I need to find a wire harness for the lighting. Plug and Play. I am not good at wiring that stuff.

Good luck Dave. I hope you can find a plug and play. I'm so bad I couldn't even install a plug and play.

I hope you get it resolved by next season.

Electrical Connections has a plug and play system see link below. I installed the Isolator and the 5 to 4 wire converter as well, all components are P&P

About a two hour job.. works well. Happy with it.

https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/isolator-yamaha-venture-eluder/

I'm loving the linked brakes, the handling and the torque! Now that I know intuitively where the rev-limiter is, the big twin and I are getting along nicely. For what it is, the engine is very smooth. The 6 speed is great and I agree with you about the heat, sometimes it's noticeable, sometimes not. So far so good....

One thing that is annoying me a little is that the non-height adjustable mirrors. I'm a tall-ish guy and I moved my handle bars ever-so-slightly up.... but now my hands are directly in line of sight with the rear view....not sure how to fix that. Do they make mirror extensions?

Hi there, this is my first post, just joined, and just got my '18 Venture 6 days ago. JUST discovered my dislike for the GPS on this bike. A couple questions maybe you or someone can help me with, or at least steer me in the right direction? 1. How do you name your saved waypoints? I saved my parking lot at work, but it just calls it an unnamed street, I mean after a dozen different places called unnamed how am I suppose to tell them apart, especially if they are new and I don't remember the address? 2. How do you delete a waypoint, I accidentally added my work twice but I can find no way to delete one of them. 3. What do you mean you keep a usb drive plugged in for the saved items? I have had a really hard time trying to find information about this thing, I guessing because it's so new.

I love the bike itself, but man this infotainment system leaves a lot to be desired. I've installed navigation systems in aircraft for 30 years, so I'm not new to GPS or nav systems, some are harder to work than others, but this thing is a beast to work through.

Thanks!

Hi there, this is my first post, just joined, and just got my '18 Venture 6 days ago. JUST discovered my dislike for the GPS on this bike. A couple questions maybe you or someone can help me with, or at least steer me in the right direction? 1. How do you name your saved waypoints? I saved my parking lot at work, but it just calls it an unnamed street, I mean after a dozen different places called unnamed how am I suppose to tell them apart, especially if they are new and I don't remember the address? 2. How do you delete a waypoint, I accidentally added my work twice but I can find no way to delete one of them. 3. What do you mean you keep a usb drive plugged in for the saved items? I have had a really hard time trying to find information about this thing, I guessing because it's so new.

I love the bike itself, but man this infotainment system leaves a lot to be desired. I've installed navigation systems in aircraft for 30 years, so I'm not new to GPS or nav systems, some are harder to work than others, but this thing is a beast to work through.

Thanks!

Here is a copy of an earlier post I made about the GPS

My big issue with the new Venture GPS is that you can not:

1. Save a location while out riding and store it for future reference

2. The lack of inputting locations and naming them

3. There is an option to Import way-points. This is not an import. The device just reads the file from the flash drive.

4. Way too many extra steps when putting in an address.

I found a work around that has made it easier to manage some favorites.

This involves :

1. Google Maps --- Search your destination - Select directions and copy the URL

2. Maps to GPX -- https://mapstogpx.com/ Paste the copied URL in the box

To make it easy to find, Check the Route Name box and name it

The GPS looks for a folder in the root of the flash drive named GPX.

Create a folder named GPX and save all the files in that folder.

The GPS will give you a couple of options. My choice is always the end point.

I just leave the flash drive connected in the trunk.

I hope someone find this helpful.