IGNORED

I got a new truck

uhfradarwill

Three years ago my wife totaled my 2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2, which was in mint condition I must say.

Three days ago I finally found a truck that I could call my own and bought it brand new.

2019 Ford Ranger with FX4 off road package; shocks, skid plated, locking rear diff etc....

274hp 2.3L 4 cylinder with timing chain and 10 speed tranny

I love it!!

IMG_20191012_181415.jpg

IMG_20191012_181427.jpg

IMG_20191012_181457.jpg

Congratulations! I suppose that turbo 4 has been tested pretty good in the Mustang for several years. I've been thinking about replacing my old trusty 2002 F150 Supercab FX4. Right now, the Nissan dealer in Charlotte has Frontiers with extended cab, 4.0L V6, and 4x4 for about $25k but I'm probably too stingy...

I have been considering the Ford Ranger, to replace my 96 F150 with 259,000 miles. What model did you get? I consider the base model supercab with certain add ons and 4x4 to be acceptable.

:farmer:

It's the SXT with cloth no navigation. It would be the cheapest you can get but the FX4 package made it more expensive.

Will

These new Rangers are wayyy bigger than their ancestors. I had a nice old 4x4 Ranger but hit an 8 pointer square on at 50 mph and she was all done.

The suspension is softer than the Colorado's but that's a major plus if you creep down some rough mountain roads.

My concern relates to the 2.3L Turbo Direct Ignition engine. While it pokes great and has some good torque and HP, I wonder if Ford is working the engine too hard.

Also, the complex Eco-boost; how will that hold up?

Oh well, hopefully it blows up before the 100K warranty!!

Will

Nice truck. I got a new to me ford also. It is an 04 F-350 Super Duty XLT 6.0 with automatic trans. Fifth wheel tow package and the 28 Ft. camper to go with it. Could not pass it up for the price I got it. :big-grin-emoticon:

Are you aware of all the potential issues with the 6.0 diesel? If not google and you can find lots of info. Nothing that can't be fixed and yours may have some of the fixes already.

Are you aware of all the potential issues with the 6.0 diesel? If not google and you can find lots of info. Nothing that can't be fixed and yours may have some of the fixes already.

Yes I am aware of the issues. My son has an 07 and has done the up grades to it. So I have a mech on hand.

• 1 month later...

I recently (July I think) sold my 96 Cummins. I have been looking for over a year for a new to me crew cab. Finally found one in my price range that I was OK with. 2012 Ram 2500 4wd. 112k Truck is apparently in good condition. Wish I had a pic of the sales guy when I was looking at truck and rolled under it to check things out. Guess he had not seen that before. You can make all the stuff up top look pretty. But its hard to do that underneathNew Truck.jpg.

I recently (July I think) sold my 96 Cummins. I have been looking for over a year for a new to me crew cab. Finally found one in my price range that I was OK with. 2012 Ram 2500 4wd. 112k Truck is apparently in good condition. Wish I had a pic of the sales guy when I was looking at truck and rolled under it to check things out. Guess he had not seen that before. You can make all the stuff up top look pretty. But its hard to do that underneath.

I've crawled under all but my first used car or truck we've purchased. I even carry a set of jack stands and floor jack when I go look at them. My dad taught me that the hard way. My first vehicle he let me buy from one of his 'friends' at a garage. They were both in on it as the rear main seal was blown. Fixable but not easy. Luckily they had already made the arrangements to allow me to fix with their guidance. I was 17 and was not allowed to use the garage lift.