IGNORED

Sena SMH 10 Battery replacement

djh3

Anyone replace a battery on a Sena unit. I looked up the project and it didnt look to tough. Reason I ask is I think mine has met its end. Yesterday we left on our trip. Usually it will last 10 hours or so. I wasnt 5 or 6 hours in and it died. So will see how it goes the rest of trip.

Anyone replace a battery on a Sena unit. I looked up the project and it didnt look to tough. Reason I ask is I think mine has met its end. Yesterday we left on our trip. Usually it will last 10 hours or so. I wasnt 5 or 6 hours in and it died. So will see how it goes the rest of trip.

I’d like to know also. Signing in to this thread.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when I get home and decide what Im gonna do I'll post up something. For me I didnt care for the speakers sound. I have molded ear buds so I found a post about having a 3.5mm plug in. Having a Bell Mag 9 there is no mount bracket that I could get already wired for plug in. So I mad mine.

• 9 months later...

Well h#ll, here I am what almost a year from posting the original and I still aint replaced the battery. LOL Have not had the problem with it dying in just a few hours. But I am now tracking another problem. Unit seems fine first say 40 min or so. Then occasionally the comm gets scratchy like poor connection. If I'm listening to music it is fine. Only happens in comm. Hers comes in scratchy to me and mine to her. I have contacted SENA and used chat and their suggestion was was reset both comms back to factory setting and re do all the BT connections. Today tried it out and same same. So a little more research and some BMW guys had similar problems and a battery change fixed their issue. I also read where mounts had cracked and circuit boards got loose etc. So this will probably be my next step.

My issue is I have a Bell Mag 9 so the mount is like an integral mount that slides in between the liner and shell, its special. Also add that I have modified it to plug in ear buds because the OEM speakers ummmm suck. Have not researched a battery to replace yet. I'm sure You Tube can help me out.

• 4 months later...