IGNORED

I know I'll catch heck for this

SpencerPJ

So, many of you know I'm looking far another bike besides my beautiful 83. I'm wanting to like the RSTD, so, does anyone else ride these with shorts on? Seems the rear jug, and chrome on those little bars will brand me if the skin touches. Jokes aside, are there any leather accessories that people use, or does everyone ride with long pants? My 83 has plastics that keep me safe :rolleyes:

I am a little short for the RSV and have been branded by that little chrome bar before. So I ride with long pants and it still gets hot at times. Maybe a small piece of leather attached to the seat that will cover the bar could help.

Are you suggesting a saddle and just cut off the foot of the stirrups? :rotf:

saddle.jpg

I use to ride nekid a lot on my 83's to avoid overheating in the desert sun when traveling in far off isolated desert places but only on my 83's cause I could be gone in a streak if needed to out run someone who got upset at my unusual ride style and the tupperware of the 83's offered great protection from which you speak.. I think if I were to ride nekid on an open motored scoot,, be it a hot tempered air cooled scoot with all those hot pieces down there or even an open motored water cooled scoot I would DEFINITELY at least keep an old leather welding jacket onboard to drape over the hot parts so I didnt burn something I didnt want burnt :225: and/or be able to wrap my lower disstrimities in should someone on a faster bike come chasing after me to put a knot on my head..:missingtooth:

So, many of you know I'm looking far another bike besides my beautiful 83. I'm wanting to like the RSTD, so, does anyone else ride these with shorts on? Seems the rear jug, and chrome on those little bars will brand me if the skin touches. Jokes aside, are there any leather accessories that people use, or does everyone ride with long pants? My 83 has plastics that keep me safe :rolleyes:

I would wear shorts on my RSV but if i remember its easy to lay your thigh on the right rear header and it smarts pretty good.

Ive got an 07 Triumph Rocket 3 for sale if you're interested

I would wear shorts on my RSV but if i remember its easy to lay your thigh on the right rear header and it smarts pretty good.

Ive got an 07 Triumph Rocket 3 for sale if you're interested

You lop eared sneaky varmint,, you got a ROCKET 3 and aint posted no pics of it or wild stories and reports of how you like it??? Come on,,, give (in another thread of course so you dont have to sit in the perverbial penalty box)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waited for 2 hours to ride a Rocket 3 once and never did get to ride one - LOVE the looks!!! Better yet Cha,,, make a video for us :scared::big-grin-emoticon: